The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

I felt bad for the arrow boy. Kills Ygritt and thinks Jon Snow will be proud, then sees Snow upset and holding Ygritt in his arms.

I actually thought the first twenty minutes were just okay. Sam worrying about Gilly; don't need to hear it, especially since we all knew she was going to be fine so there really wasn't much suspense.

The giants were awesome, but why wouldn't the giant hold up the gate so other Wildlings could run through? Really liked the ice shaver taking out all the Wildlings.

I got the impression that the giant was upset at the death of his fellow giant and was bent on revenge.

Since they aren't particularly bright, it made sense that it would be single-minded in it's attempt to get back at the men of the Night's Watch.

I got the impression that the giant was upset at the death of his fellow giant and was bent on revenge.

Since they aren't particularly bright, it made sense that it would be single-minded in it's attempt to get back at the men of the Night's Watch.

If he was intelligent enough to hook up his mammoth to tear down the wall, I would have assumed he could have figured that bit out, but you are right about him being bent on revenge and probably didn't really care at that point.

If he was intelligent enough to hook up his mammoth to tear down the wall, I would have assumed he could have figured that bit out, but you are right about him being bent on revenge and probably didn't really care at that point.

Just nitpicking, but I don't think the Wildlings had near enough mammoths to "tear down the wall"... ;)

It's hard to say if the act of hooking the chain to the gate was intelligence, though. It may be something he was just instructed to do.

Moot point anyway. I think we're in agreement that he (Mag the Mighty, according to the books) didn't care about anything but getting back at the Crows.

• Upvote 1

I assumed the giants were told what to do with the mammoth by the man jon is going to go kill, and that they are not the brightest. and as a non-book reader I had no problem understanding the layout of the castle.

I assumed the giants were told what to do with the mammoth by the man jon is going to go kill, and that they are not the brightest. and as a non-book reader I had no problem understanding the layout of the castle.

The layout of the castle is in the title screen every episode. You can see the lift. We've been shown the tunnel (end of season 1) is a prime example. Jon spoke about sealing the tunnel. Those that weren't familiar were soon brought up to speed.

Man as soon as a I saw a giant with a bow, I was surprised. That was my most memorable part, and how deadly Tormont is.

Diappointment as that they didn't tack on a couple minutes and at least show Jons wildling reception. (meaning them at least apprehending him, or whatever is going to happen) I really think that would've helped the episode.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed Sundays show alot but have to admit both my wife and I were a little confused by the layout of the castle. Once I have figured it out I was also thinking get more men downstairs, especially since as Jon said it takes days to scale the wall and they had that ice shaver thing.

The layout of the castle is in the title screen every episode. You can see the lift. We've been shown the tunnel (end of season 1) is a prime example. Jon spoke about sealing the tunnel. Those that weren't familiar were soon brought up to speed.

Man as soon as a I saw a giant with a bow, I was surprised. That was my most memorable part, and how deadly Tormont is.

Diappointment as that they didn't tack on a couple minutes and at least show Jons wildling reception. (meaning them at least apprehending him, or whatever is going to happen) I really think that would've helped the episode.

exactly, but i guess not everyone knows that the wall is actually the castle?