The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Another fan theory to consider:

Some are speculating that the Night King won't even be at Winterfell. They're think that maybe he's taking half his dead army and Viserion to King's Landing, to pay Cersei a little visit....

If so, hopefully Qyburn has another one of those big Crossbows handy...

That would be neat...but Cersei has to die at one of her brothers' hands (or Arya with a face on) so we'll see how that plays out. 

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That one came out of left field for sure....I was waiting for Bran to Warg into Viserion and have him come and save the day....

Apparently the Night King never heard about Oberyn vs The Mountain and was grandstanding there.

Mel kinda gave it away with her eyes comment. 

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Main character deaths went pretty much as expected: Red Mel, Beric, Jorah, Theon, Lyanna....worst one for me was Edd....

Lyanna's was BAD ASS though! :)

I thought we'd get one or two more that were more of an impact.  I'd have been happy to see Grey Worm die and Missandei in the crypts....I could do without another second of their story. 

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Lyanna's was BAD ASS though! :)

I thought we'd get one or two more that were more of an impact.  I'd have been happy to see Grey Worm die and Missandei in the crypts....I could do without another second of their story. 

I really thought Jaime or Brienne were going to get it....

...but there are still three episodes left....

thought the first half of the episode was really great and tense. continued to lose me as it went. too many contrived plot devices saving the right people at the right time, too much stuff that just felt cheap and empty - works sometimes, but after a while i find it tiring

does this ep confirm that the night king was a targaryan, then? with the fire thing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

thought the first half of the episode was really great and tense. continued to lose me as it went. too many contrived plot devices saving the right people at the right time, too much stuff that just felt cheap and empty - works sometimes, but after a while i find it tiring

does this ep confirm that the night king was a targaryan, then? with the fire thing

Nah. He's from well before the Targs showed up in Westeros. I believe that is just his magical powers.  

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Nah. He's from well before the Targs showed up in Westeros. I believe that is just his magical powers.  

how do we know this?

are we given an official timeline on the king himself? or the walkers? i know they're old, but i wasn't aware we knew any lineage or timeframe

Edited by GLASSJAW

3 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

how do we know this?

are we given an official timeline on the king himself? or the walkers? i know they're old, but i wasn't aware we knew any lineage or timeframe

Because the previous long night and building of the wall to stop them was more than the 300 or so years ago the Targs showed up. Also the Children of Forest fought the First Men when they created him. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Because the previous long night and building of the wall to stop them was more than the 300 or so years ago the Targs showed up. Also the Children of Forest fought the First Men when they created him. 

Should also mention that only dragon glass and Valyrian steel can kill them, although his armour and suit should have at least melted.

A lot of holes in the episode (every single main character was at one point up to their eyes against multiple white walkers and somehow survived... Did Jon fight off half the Dothraki white walker army on his own before being saved by the dragon?)

Renders the entire 2nd episode useless now, the whole point of them all being together "one last time" and singing songs and drinking and talking about memories was supposed to be like a "good bye to your favourite character episode".  If any of them now die in the fight against Cersei, it's like "oh you could survive against hundreds of thousands of zombies but couldn't survive against Lannisters?"

But Arya with the ultimate mic drop. 

A bit of a give away with the "You will close blue eyes" line, but I didn't think she'd end the NK herself, I thought she'd play a pivotal part in maybe killing his 2nd in command and one of the other major characters then finishes off the NK. Man she's so bad a*s. 

Where did she come from? Did it have something to do with where Bran 'went' all episode? The NK's associated looked over his associate as "what's that up there?" and look at how high the NK caught her, she definitely jumped off of something..someone? 

I too am surprised that after 7 years of "Winter is coming" and the build up to the fight against the dead, the fight is over that quick. 1 night. 7 years of build up for 1 night of fighting and not even a cool fight scene with the NK against Jon or someone (the dragon sky fight doesn't count).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1