The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Actually was just reading about the burning of Alexandria Library and wonder if they'll do the same thing to the Citadel in GoT.  That might be more plausible than torching King's Landing.

Holy @#$% though Reddit sucks.  I just want to read people's thoughts and theories instead it's all 'Me watching Arya kill the Night King :shock:'

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Actually was just reading about the burning of Alexandria Library and wonder if they'll do the same thing to the Citadel in GoT.  That might be more plausible than torching King's Landing.

Holy @#$% though Reddit sucks.  I just want to read people's thoughts and theories instead it's all 'Me watching Arya kill the Night King :shock:'

Apparently there a new "viral" challenge going on all over social media.....the "Arya Drop" or something like that.

All kinds of people dropping something from their left hand to their right...as if there's something difficult about that.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Apparently there a new "viral" challenge going on all over social media.....the "Arya Drop" or something like that.

All kinds of people dropping something from their left hand to their right...as if there's something difficult about that.

It is very difficult, provided you do it with the right things. Try doing the 'Arya drop' with a venomous snake ! :P

8 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

It is very difficult, provided you do it with the right things. Try doing the 'Arya drop' with a venomous snake ! :P

Actually, one of those "interesting facts" about the show is that Arya (the Character) is left handed, but Maisie Williams is right handed. Maisie decided to do everything in the series as a lefty for authenticity.

Finally saw episodes 2 and 3 making it safe to read this thread again.  :)

Maybe this has been covered before, but as I was watching that little skirmish they had at Winterfell, it occurred to me that Cersei's apparent plan was flawed.  Had the WW succeeded then she would have been facing the combined undead horde plus the new fresh new undead from the battle plus any additional new undead that get picked up along the way.

19 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just tried it with a stapler right handed since I am a lefty.::D

8 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Maybe this has been covered before, but as I was watching that little skirmish they had at Winterfell, it occurred to me that Cersei's apparent plan was flawed.  Had the WW succeeded then she would have been facing the combined undead horde plus the new fresh new undead from the battle plus any additional new undead that get picked up along the way.

No, Jamie addressed this in his chat with Cersei. Her reasoning is ' either way we are toast, I'd rather face the monsters and die with honor defending my family or face our enemies and die with honor defending our family than submit'. 

1 minute ago, canuckistani said:

No, Jamie addressed this in his chat with Cersei. Her reasoning is ' either way we are toast, I'd rather face the monsters and die with honor defending my family or face our enemies and die with honor defending our family than submit'. 

I didn't recall that part.  I still think it was a flawed plan, no matter her reasoning.

4 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I didn't recall that part.  I still think it was a flawed plan, no matter her reasoning.

the part where he goes ' you realize when this is all over, someone wins, right ? if the dead win, they march down here and kill us all...if the living win, they march down here and kill us all'.

• Upvote 2

Just now, canuckistani said:

the part where he goes ' you realize when this is all over, someone wins, right ? if the dead win, they march down here and kill us all...if the living win, they march down here and kill us all'.

I've obviously got to back and rewatch.  What episode was this in?

1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

I've obviously got to back and rewatch.  What episode was this in?

The episode where cercei sees the undead wight in the dragon pit. From her character arc, it makes perfect sense- remember, Cercei is not cold and logical, she is the most vindictive person in this show, with a special taste for 'just rewards'. from her POV, dying while fighting makes more sense than surrender. Its the 'if i cant have it, i will die trying and take everything down with me' attitude that she has throughout the show. 

• Upvote 2

Apparently Jerome and Lena were banging in real life now hate each other so if you don't see Bronn and Cersei on scene together in the later seasons, that's why. I can't recall now if this is true or not. Which may be why Qyburn was telling him to kill Jaime instead of maybe she doing it herself. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

34 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Apparently Jerome and Lena were banging in real life now hate each other so if you don't see Bronn and Cersei on scene together in the later seasons, that's why. I can't recall now if this is true or not. Which may be why Qyburn was telling him to kill Jaime instead of maybe she doing it herself. 

They used to be married and apparently, they have handlers on set to keep them away from each other. 

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

The episode where cercei sees the undead wight in the dragon pit. From her character arc, it makes perfect sense- remember, Cercei is not cold and logical, she is the most vindictive person in this show, with a special taste for 'just rewards'. from her POV, dying while fighting makes more sense than surrender. Its the 'if i cant have it, i will die trying and take everything down with me' attitude that she has throughout the show. 

For sure. Cersei think everyone is her enemy, but she's probably her own worst enemy. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Cersei's stupidity and shortsightedness is fall too under played in the show. Her ineptitude is on full display in the books...plus she has some good girl on girl scenes that wouldn't have hurt ratings I'm sure....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

They used to be married and apparently, they have handlers on set to keep them away from each other. 

I don't know about married but they definitely had a past relationship that didn't end well and hate each other to the point they won't share screen time. Bronn was only meant for 3-4 seasons but was a massive fan fave and stuck around longer than intended. 

8 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Cersei's stupidity and shortsightedness is fall too under played in the show. Her ineptitude is on full display in the books...plus she has some good girl on girl scenes that wouldn't have hurt ratings I'm sure....

You're referring to Taena Merryweather, I assume? My guess is that D & D decided they didn't have the time, or Lena nixed it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

I don't know about married but they definitely had a past relationship that didn't end well and hate each other to the point they won't share screen time. Bronn was only meant for 3-4 seasons but was a massive fan fave and stuck around longer than intended. 

....and for good reason....

Bronn: "Well, there's that mind that you're always going on about..."

Tyrion: "Yes, but I've never actually been able to kill anyone with it"...

The back and forth between those two is one of the things that makes this show great.