The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

This was the greatest show ever. The last season was a bit too rushed, needed about 6 more episodes but whatever. I still loved it.

Questions I have:

1) Did Dragon take his mother to those witches for revival? He should have barbecued Jon. Even though we all love him, he should have been turned to ash for that.

2) How would the others know of Jon stayed at or beyond the wall? He kind of rules that area. The Starks could easily sneak him into the North!

3) Where did the Dorthraki go? Is it assumed they are hanging out with the Unsully? 

4) I know there will be a prequel but it looks like they set this up for a sequel maybe years down the road. Has anyone spoken of this possibility from the writers or producer side? 

1) Nobody knows where Drogon took Dany. A couple of theories are that he did as you say and went looking for a red priest or priestess to bring Dany back. Others think he took her "home" to old Valyria

2) They wouldn't. It was the Unsullied who threatened war and they sailed off to Naath. There's no reason for Westeros to honor the deal, other than Bran's word being given. It's a small plot hole, but I think if you asked Dan and Dave, they'd say "Bran gave his word"....

3) Another good question. They might have gone to the Reach as Davos suggested to Grey Worm, (although I imagine Bronn would have something to say about that now) but I think it's more likely that they sailed back to Essos.

4) I haven't heard about any sequels, but the one prequel being talked about is of the last Long Night, about 8000 years previous to the series we just watched.

And I agree with your opening sentence. IMO, this season should have focused on the Battle of Winterfell and there should have been a 9th season dedicated to the Kings Landing story arc.

• Upvote 1

I hope the prequel takes place when the Starks and Lannisters houses first start out.  I hope they go that route rather than just focusing on the Children of the Forest and the white walkers.  The fact Bronn alluded to the cutthroat that started House Lannister might be a sign that they're going this route.  

9 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I hope the prequel takes place when the Starks and Lannisters houses first start out.  I hope they go that route rather than just focusing on the Children of the Forest and the white walkers.  The fact Bronn alluded to the cutthroat that started House Lannister might be a sign that they're going this route.  

Well it will be about the beginning of the Starks for sure with Bran the Builder. The Lannisters showed up around the same time in the Age of Heroes and the cutthroat involved is Lann the Clever. So could happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to think of my top 5 non-battle scenes (in no order):

Arya's first training session with Syrio Forel with Ned looking on.  Interesting the noise that Ned hears is a bunch of soldiers dropping their swords a la what happened in King's Landing.  Did the army for the Targaryens also surrender during Robert's Rebellion?

Tower of Joy scene.  Probably my favorite scene.

Oberyn agrees to be Tyrion's champion.

The conversation between Varys and Littlefinger in the Iron throne room.  

When Brienne finally finds Sansa and swears to protect her.  

I'd have to really sit down and think about it to come up with a top five, but i think my favorite is when Arya and the Hound finally arrive at the Bloody Gate, only to find out that Lysa is dead...

....and Arya bursts out laughing...the look on the guards' faces is priceless....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'd have to really sit down and think about it to come up with a top five, but i think my favorite is when Arya and the Hound finally arrive at the Bloody Gate, only to find out that Lysa is dead...

....and Arya bursts out laughing...the look on the guards' faces is priceless....

This one is good too....

tenor.gif?itemid=13919201

One to forget....

tenor.gif?itemid=5435457

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This one is good too....

tenor.gif?itemid=13919201

One to forget....

tenor.gif?itemid=5435457

I've got the T-shirt for the top one....as well as a pint glass....

Another favorite is Cersei and Robert having the only real conversation we see in the series.....Robert says "Sometimes, I don't know what holds it all together".....to which Cersei suggests, "Our marriage?"

They both crack up a few seconds later...

• Upvote 1

A while back, I posted a bunch of deleted scenes and there's one that I think should have made it into the series:

Tywin is fishing on the shore of Blackwater Bay and engaging in a conversation with Pycelle. Pycelle is basically whining about his treatment at the hands of Tyrion and Tywin is basically telling him he got what he deserved for ignoring Tyrion's orders.

Later in the conversation, Tywin calls Pycelle out for acting the part of the infirm, decrepit old man and wonders aloud if everyone else is buying the act. Pycelle reverts to the relatively spry maester that we glimpsed in the scene with Ros...

Brilliant scene and a crying shame that it was cut.

• 4 months later...

For those who (like me) think that HBO programming has sucked out loud since GoT ended, (at least until Watchmen started) here's some good news:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/entertainment/game-of-thrones-prequel-house-of-the-dragon-hbo/index.html

HBO is now home to "House of the Dragon."

The cable network announced Tuesday it has ordered a "Game of Thrones" prequel from George R.R. Martin and Ryan Condal based on Martin's "Fire & Blood" series.
The show is set 300 years before the events of "Game of Thrones" and tells the story of the House of Targaryen, according to HBO.
Daenerys Targaryen, played by Emilia Clarke, was a major character in the mothership series, which ended earlier this year.
Condal will partner with Miguel Sapochnik and share showrunner duties on the new series.
The three will serve as executive producers alongside Vince Gerardis ("Game of Thrones," "Flashforward").
Sapochnik, who has an overall deal at HBO and directed several episodes of "Game of Thrones," will direct the pilot.
"The 'Game of Thrones' universe is so rich with stories," said Casey Bloys, president of HBO programming. "We look forward to exploring the origins of House Targaryen and the earlier days of Westeros along with Miguel, Ryan and George."
This series is different from the other prequel that had been in the works at HBO with Naomi Watts set to star.
HBO reportedly passed on that project.
The project will mark HBO's first official follow-up to "Game of Thrones," which won best drama series at the Emmys back in September.
Condal is best known as the co-creator and showrunner of USA Network's "Colony."

I doesn't say when we can expect this to air, but we all know Winter is coming....
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

For those who (like me) think that HBO programming has sucked out loud since GoT ended, (at least until Watchmen started) here's some good news:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/entertainment/game-of-thrones-prequel-house-of-the-dragon-hbo/index.html

I doesn't say when we can expect this to air, but we all know Winter is coming....

I think a good bet would be 2021.  Hopefully the writing and production decisions are better than the final couple seasons were.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Winter is Coming... sure hope it brings the Winds of Winter with it. Every time I look George has another distraction from finishing the series 

Just now, Canorth said:

Winter is Coming... sure hope it brings the Winds of Winter with it. Every time I look George has another distraction from finishing the series 

True dat.

To make things worse, another of my favorite authors (Patrick Rothfuss) seems to be undergoing the same kind of "distractions" as Uncle George....

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 12:38 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

True dat.

To make things worse, another of my favorite authors (Patrick Rothfuss) seems to be undergoing the same kind of "distractions" as Uncle George....

The Kingkiller series is phenomenally written... Now if we could just find out how it ends...

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1