The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-THE OFFICIAL-*******Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2*******-THREAD-

MillerGenuineDraft

It's obviously not the best gun in the game but using the good guns in this game is really starting to get boring.

The FAL is fun to use, especially if you have decent accuracy and a good trigger finger.

I'm getting close to prestiging again, but I don't know if I should. I want that extra class but I don't wanna go through the pain of the first half of prestiging. I kinda just wanna build up my guns and unlock extended mags and fall camo for some of my favourites.

has anyone else stopped prestiging and just stopped at lvl 70?

I actually like the first half of prestiging because it goes by so quick. After like level 50 it gets boring and I usually finish all the attachments for my guns by then(only for the ones I use) except for the 40 bullet penetration one which takes forever so I don't even bother doing it anymore. I did that challenge like twice I think, for the ACR and TAR.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed anything, but around the recent patch, has anyone noticed anything weird with their aiming?

With sniper, it seems I'm having to do two shots a lot more often than I use to. High torso/head, but I just get the grazing hit or whatever on my crosshairs. Like I'm hitting arms or something a lot more than before.

I also kind of noticed with M16 but mostly Famas. It seems like the bullet speed has changed or something, because I'm not getting as many one and dones as before. It seems like the bullets are more spread out or when your turning and shooting the mechanics changed.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Yeah, the first 25 ranks is annoying, but I use a new gun every prestige (if not two), keeps it fresh. :P

Also change my killstreaks every prestige (usually not for kills, mostly to get the challenges/titles/emblems).

I never use one gun for a whole prestige... that just seems so boring to me.

This prestige, I've used:

Tar-21

M16

Famas

SCAR

UMP

MP5k

Vector

RPD

AUG

P90

All of them with at least 50 or so kills.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed anything, but around the recent patch, has anyone noticed anything weird with their aiming?

With sniper, it seems I'm having to do two shots a lot more often than I use to. High torso/head, but I just get the grazing hit or whatever on my crosshairs. Like I'm hitting arms or something a lot more than before.

I also kind of noticed with M16 but mostly Famas. It seems like the bullet speed has changed or something, because I'm not getting as many one and dones as before. It seems like the bullets are more spread out or when your turning and shooting the mechanics changed.

Definitely noticed it with Intervention.

I never use one gun for a whole prestige... that just seems so boring to me.

This prestige, I've used:

Tar-21

M16

Famas

SCAR

UMP

MP5k

Vector

RPD

AUG

P90

All of them with at least 50 or so kills.

I have:

- 500 kills with Tar (going for 1k after I prestige)

- 1000 kills with Aug

- 1000 kills with Scar (should have more but whatever you get before prestiging doesn't count, of course)

- 2500 kills with Famas (need 200 more headshots for 1k)

- 2500 kills with M4 (need 250 more headshots for 1k)

- 1000 kills with Spas

- 500 kills with Rangers

- 500 kills with Intervention (almost)

- About 250 with ACR, I'll get it to 1k after I prestige along with Tar

You used all the SMGs... I hate SMGs :P.

I'm really close to 2500 kills with the Tar, M16 and Scar. I'm only 2nd prestige though.

SMGs aren't the most effective but they're the most fun to use. I've stopped caring about doing well and just want to win and have fun.

Oh good, I thought it was just me failing. :lol:

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the M16/Famas, but my Intervention has been crap lately.

I don't think they've tweaked anything. This game doesn't need tweaking and should be kept essentially the same as the day it came out. :rolleyes:

I think Intervention got the "nerf" because people used it for quick scoping and no scoping. Some people actually used it like a normal gun, and it was a one hit one kill situation up close if you were good.

But, it's nice to see I wasn't going crazy or sucking with snipers. Something did indeed change, because it's not impossible to one shot anymore with them, but it seems to be waaaay harder. Always glancing blows to the arms or something. I even noticed it when I get shot. I live a lot more than I use to when I get hit by a sniper.

Figures they don't tell anyone about it. I guess they don't want to admit the guns in MW2 are unbalanced and suck dick. I still swear that the famas and M16 and probably other guns have been acting differently, but people probably don't notice it as much as snipers because it's not like you need to shoot someone very many times to die. One second in the crosshairs = death.

God, atrocious spawning.

I was in Sub Base, against a crate thing. I kill someone and he spawns on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CRATE and kills me from behind.

Way to give me a chance, COD. smile.gif

You think thats bad. Im on Terminal and i kill a dude in the building in the south-east part of the map and he spawns looking at me in the building, kills me and its the final kill. I was f*ucking pissed. Get your sh*t together MW2.

I hate it when I get a team in TDM or Domination and they just run in circles and don't accomplish anything. Not many people that play this game have any sort of map awareness.

I'm kinda starteing to get bored of this... can any one recommend any fun things to do in this game that I don't already know about? No, I don't want to run around knifing only, or only use noob tubes.

Btw, is anyone getting the "Resurgence" map pack?

I hate it when I get a team in TDM or Domination and they just run in circles and don't accomplish anything. Not many people that play this game have any sort of map awareness.

I'm kinda starteing to get bored of this... can any one recommend any fun things to do in this game that I don't already know about? No, I don't want to run around knifing only, or only use noob tubes.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Titles

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

Go for as many titles and emblems as you can. Forces you to do all different things. Use all different guns, killstreaks, equipment and play all the game modes.

I probably would be bored of the game already if I didn't start doing this.

Those links tell you how to get each and every title and emblem.

EDIT: Another map pack?

If you really get bored with normal game play and have a lot of friends you can play games with them like Mike Myers and other private match games. Works for me. (If you dont know any just google it)

If you really get bored with normal game play and have a lot of friends you can play games with them like Mike Myers and other private match games. Works for me. (If you dont know any just google it)

Yes, private matches are ridiculously fun. Better if you all have mics.

Have matches with stupid rules, these are some that we did (all in rust or scrapyard):

- Snipers only

- Magnums only

- Riot Shields only

- Riot Shields + throwing knifes

- Riot Shields + AT4s

And so on. Add smoke grenades for more fun. :P

Archived