The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-THE OFFICIAL-*******Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2*******-THREAD-

MillerGenuineDraft

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I started the Cod series with BO, pretty recent, and just borrowed MW2 from a friend. I hated playing against the Commando perk so i decided that I'd use because if you can't beat them, join them. Now my other friend keeps calling me cheap because I use that perk. Is it considered one of those D-bag perks like second chance is in BO? Just wondering if I should still use it or not....

Okay so I started the Cod series with BO, pretty recent, and just borrowed MW2 from a friend. I hated playing against the Commando perk so i decided that I'd use because if you can't beat them, join them. Now my other friend keeps calling me cheap because I use that perk. Is it considered one of those D-bag perks like second chance is in BO? Just wondering if I should still use it or not....

I use it and I think the majority of players do. It is a stupid perk but it's a huge disadvantage not having it on a map where they may be close encounters.

I use it and I think the majority of players do. It is a stupid perk but it's a huge disadvantage not having it on a map where they may be close encounters.

I actually think it depends on the game mode. If your playing a respawn game mode then you can use it easier if you dont care too much about your K/D. If your playing something like SnD you probably shouldn't use it becuase you can be heard across the map.

I think commando is stupid and cheap and will never plan on using it. But this is coming from someone who thinks that knifing is one of the biggest problems in COD and would be glad to see it gone or altered.

Well most of the ppl I know play on tactical so they cant knife anyways, while I play on default so its not a problem for me. That being said, I have never EVER won a knife fight against somebody with commando so trust me when I say I hate it as much as you do and hope its not ever implemented in any other cod game to ever be created.

• 10 months later...

Super, major, intergalactic, outerspaceish, crazy bump!!!!!

If anyone wants to group up and play some MW2 (which is much better than MW3), send me a message on Xbox - my Gamertag is Wings of 1carus.

P.S. I loved reading the comments at the beginning of this thread, where everyone is having an orgy at the videos of the first gameplay. :P

• 2 weeks later...

This game is still freaking amazing (although hackers do ruin the game).

Just got my 11th nuke! Still a lot of people playing this since many agree this is better than MW3.

0 balance and barely any skills needed

Commando, One Man Army + Danger Close, OP shotguns as secondaries, 7 kill streak essentially = tactical nuke, unlimited claymore's with scavenger and C4's, death streaks etc etc.

I don't wanna start a war or anything, but how is the game amazing ?

1) Cod4

2) Black Ops

3)MW3

4) Then MW2

0 balance and barely any skills needed

Commando, One Man Army + Danger Close, OP shotguns as secondaries, 7 kill streak essentially = tactical nuke, unlimited claymore's with scavenger and C4's, death streaks etc etc.

I don't wanna start a war or anything, but how is the game amazing ?

1) Cod4

2) Black Ops

3)MW3

4) Then MW2

Someone is mad. This is the best Cod by far. It was the first to branch out from the Cod 4 and 5 system, and really add new things into the game. New gamemodes, new kill streaks. Mw2 gave Cod a new feel. As I usally say, because it's true in a lot of cases, most people who say they dislike Cod, or a certain cod game, is because they are bad at Cod, or that certain Cod game.

Meh, everything is fairly OP. Noob tubing, scavanger camping w/ claymores in a corner, to tac-knifing; they're all OP. However, sniping can be OP too (If you're any good) and same with using the ACR or something like that.

I just take the good and leave the bad. Besides, I can wreck all teh newbz with this class anyways.

UMP45 Silenced

Spas-12 Extended Mags

Semtex

Flash x2

Marathon Pro

Lightweight Pro/Stopping Power Pro

Ninja Pro

Someone is mad. This is the best Cod by far. It was the first to branch out from the Cod 4 and 5 system, and really add new things into the game. New gamemodes, new kill streaks. Mw2 gave Cod a new feel. As I usally say, because it's true in a lot of cases, most people who say they dislike Cod, or a certain cod game, is because they are bad at Cod, or that certain Cod game.

I see where you're coming from, and agree with some of your points, MW2 did pave a new style of play and a lot of new options.

But I think things just went array and Infinity Ward missed what they were really going for.

Sure, according to your logic I'm "mad" or "bad at that certain CoD game", but tell me if you honestly think a game where players can win the match within minutes by standing in one place constitutes as being the best COD by far.

I see where you're coming from, and agree with some of your points, MW2 did pave a new style of play and a lot of new options.

But I think things just went array and Infinity Ward missed what they were really going for.

Sure, according to your logic I'm "mad" or "bad at that certain CoD game", but tell me if you honestly think a game where players can win the match within minutes by standing in one place constitutes as being the best COD by far.

Most good players don't do that....

Archived