The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-THE OFFICIAL-*******Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2*******-THREAD-

MillerGenuineDraft

The frist one was playing spec ops. And it looks AMAZING!

Killstreaks will eaither work out really good, or really bad.

With all of the gameplay shown, it looks like total war, which means that people will get a lot of killstreak.. and I feel that there all overpowered.

I dont know, thats just me though.

What do people think of 3rd person gameplay?

Ohh, he must of switched before I started viewing but I do agree with you, Spec Ops looks like tons are fun.

I agree to a point with you on the killstreaks, some of them seem to be very overpowered but maybe that will change once we play the game. Im sure the AC-130 and Pave Low will be the most overpowered and once somebody gets those its game over.

I dont know how to black things out, so I wont make it obvious but I dont like the idea. This is Call of Duty, if they wanted that they can go play SOCOM. But it has its own game mode and can be used in private matches so it wont bother me, just not very Call of Duty like.

Ohh, he must of switched before I started viewing but I do agree with you, Spec Ops looks like tons are fun.

I agree to a point with you on the killstreaks, some of them seem to be very overpowered but maybe that will change once we play the game. Im sure the AC-130 and Pave Low will be the most overpowered and once somebody gets those its game over.

I dont know how to black things out, so I wont make it obvious but I dont like the idea. This is Call of Duty, if they wanted that they can go play SOCOM. But it has its own game mode and can be used in private matches so it wont bother me, just not very Call of Duty like.

I think right now it seems to "omg no" but once we get the game, it'll be like harcore, where you're not forced into doing it.

Watched a stream of story mode. I told myself if it looked amazing I'd stop watching. The story and graphics aren't -vastly' superior to CoD4, but it's a lot more crisp and smooth. Physics seem a bit better.

The story itself, meh. I liked CoD4 better. This one was cool and all but very outlandish. Looooots of guns. Some actually look kind of broken in terms of power though, but I'm sure they probably won't be seen in multiplayer like some of the ones in CoD4. AK-47 with a shotgun attached etc. That'd be crazy.

Multiplayer should be just like CoD4. Lots of fun. Controls are a bit nicer so it should be nice and smooth. Aiming is a little more friendly so you should be able to use whatever gun you want. I know you kind of could in CoD4, but the best guns by far were the M16 and the RP90 or whatever. Mostly because the M16 was a lot more friendly on the aim and it was really hard to aim in close with a rifle so the RP90 firing rate helped out a lot. And I know that "you shouldn't be able to aim up close with a rifle", but come on. Even shooting from the hip trying to target someone having a seizure in front of you while you do the same was stupid, and all because it was hard to control where you aim on top of the random donkey accuracy while you tried to do so. The controls seem to stop that from happening in MW2, so things should be more balanced with lag and that.

There's some rumors of a tactical nuke at 25 kills or something that wipes the map and is an instant win. Not sure how reliable it is, but it seems to be getting around. The gunship is crazy too.

They're set for 20+ kills though so it should be easy enough to stop someone from getting them. People who break 20 deserve something cool though. It's not like it was impossible to get a 20+ kill streak, I could get into the mid 20's fairly often, but it's hard enough that it shouldn't be annoying with people spamming overpowered skills.

I think I'll hold off a little on getting it either way. It got way too much hype, but it still looks just as fun as CoD4. Just as fun as CoD4 meaning it's better than KZ2 and Halo etc. Still not as good looking as golden eye was at it's time for fun, but better than stuff coming out lately. Looks better than Drake 2 so 360 fans will be happy that they don't get gimped on shooters until L4D2. But we'll see. I might go and grab it if the lag issues aren't too bad. If you lagged at all in CoD4 you were fracked pretty much. The one thing I admired in KZ2 was even if people were lagging they could still shoot and kill other people.

My kill/death raito was so dependant on lag on CoD4. One game I'd be fine and be like 28-2. Then on a laggy game with almost the same people I'd be like 10-12. Hated that so much.

Pre-ordered it off Best-Buy last night for $49.99 :)

Pretty stoked.

wow, really, I pre-ordered it for $69.99 from EB games a few weeks ago. Im so stoked for this game. It's basically Cod4 + more.

I think the online play is much more balanced out. Basically this game gives your more control for yourself. Now it's if your getting killed by a guy on the other team alot of times, you want to know is it his gun thats better or is it just him(using the death streak "Copy Cat").

The only thing that sucks is there are only 4 snipers compared to 6 in COD4. But then again in COD4 there were only 2-3 that everyone actually used. Barret .50 cal, M40A3, Dragunov, and sometimes R700. Stoked to use the snipers.

The killstreaks and deathstreaks are great in my opinion. In COD4 it was you get 3 kills UAV, 5 kills Air Strike, 7 Kills Helicopter. Now it's your choice you can either choose those or those things or something different. I don't want to get too deep becuase it will ruin it.

Did you do an online order? If so, do you know when you will get it? Will it be like a week late, u think?

It all depends really sometimes you get it on release day, other times you get it a day or two afterwards. I know if you order from amazon.com you can get the game on release day and you get $20 off your next purchase from amazon.

I'm purposely avoiding all forms of media regarding MW2. There's so much information out there and so much gameplay is being spoiled by new videos and leaked live footage. I didn't even read any part of this thread. I think I'll enjoy being surprised when it happens more than reading about it now.

I'm purposely avoiding all forms of media regarding MW2. There's so much information out there and so much gameplay is being spoiled by new videos and leaked live footage. I didn't even read any part of this thread. I think I'll enjoy being surprised when it happens more than reading about it now.

Stay away from GameFAQS then, that site is filled with spoilers its getting hard to go over there to read the topics.

Some people who didnt pirate the game watched other people play the entire campaign, wouldnt that kind of ruin the experience for you guys, you already know what happens?

so what if u get it a week later? just buy cod when it comes out(release day) and then return your copy from the mail for a full refund ;)

not that hard dude

Thanks... that might work, but sometimes they do say that's not our game. Will give it a try. ;)

OMG! 9 days!! :D :D

Which package are you guys getting?

For me its the hardened edition..

Also, I played the game(story mode) and let me tell you.. it's flawlessy amazing. Like, I can't explain it much, but.. it'll for sure be a game of the year. And the story mode is actually a story that'll make you wonder A LOT about modern time warfare.

Definitely fixed.. and there will be less of the grenading since the options of customization are no longer limited to 3 grenades.

Good to hear the enemies dont just keep coming and coming if you dont move up. I hated that in World at War, if you didnt advance, they would just keep coming. As for the endless grenading, I really hope that IW video about "Fighting against Grenade Spam" is true because it was very annoying having 15 grenades thrown at me. 

Do you know if they made your teammates smarter? In campaign mode on veteran, the AI would just let the opposing team walk right past them and do nothing. I know veteran should be challenging, but it would be nice if you got some help from your team. 

Archived