Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Anyways today's question...

Who has the best username on CDC?

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#15062 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

What's that? You want to give him head?

Now you're talking for the sake of talking :picard:

23NCfNh.png

Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the awesome sig

#15063 Lil B From The Pack

Lil B From The Pack

WWE Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

The Rock

#15064 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Cody Hodgson 9. Haven't seen much of him today though,

NKQdh7b.jpg

#15065 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Cody Hodgson 9. Haven't seen much of him today though,

Nice!

Gimme a high five!

#15066 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Nice!

Gimme a high five!

Posted Image

NKQdh7b.jpg

#15067 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Thanks for the high five!

This is for you.

Posted Image

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 17 October 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#15068 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Instead of antagonizing and badgering all us "Ignorant and immature prepubescent morons", why havn't you also left? Nothing else to do? Nobody else to cyberannoy?

How is her simply making a statement cyberannoying anyone?
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#15069 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

How is her simply making a statement cyberannoying anyone?

Did you not read what she wrote?

#15070 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Did you not read what she wrote?

Yes. She gave a reply about why Wetcoaster doesn't reply anymore using his words.

#15071 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Yes. She gave a reply about why Wetcoaster doesn't reply anymore using his words.

Yes... in-between attempting to insult everyone here.

#15072 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

That is your interpretation. An objective reader would not see it that way.

For myself, I know Wetcoaster used that term often so I could easily see that she was just repeating it. She is guilty of not putting the term in quotation marks which she later conceded too.

#15073 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

That is your interpretation. An objective reader would not see it that way.

It doesn't help when she come off as a generally angry person.

But maybe it's just me...

#15074 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

You have tunnel vision and are most likely myopic as well. My original post in here was to state why Wetcoaster doesn't post here anymore. Then the feeding frenzy and mob mentality started. How is that so difficult to see? I insulted nobody until the usual *&%! started by the bullies of WN. I did nothing until attacked. Attacks which seem to be the norm for a certain segment of people here.

And I have absolutely no reason to be angry about the persistent personal attacks and flaming that accompany pretty much every post I make regardless of it's content and in PMs as well? Okaaaay.......

^^ Oh, and that's sarcasm, just in case anyone lacks the capability to understand it. I'd hate to be held responsible for certain people being incapable of recognizing it.

Perhaps some were offended by Wetcoaster's characterization of some of the users here and that certain people recognized themselves within his words. *shrugs*

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 18 October 2012 - 09:09 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#15075 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

I didn't see her being angry with that explanation.

If she has been guilty of being angry in the past that is the past. A person should not be judged poorly after every action.

#15076 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,854 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

I did nothing until attacked. Attacks which seem to be the norm for a certain segment of people here.

In my opinion BB, it's not what you say it's how you say it. I personally hardly ever have a problem with the content of your posts, just how the content is presented. More often than not you're fairly accurate, but it's immediately disregarded because of the attitude behind it.

Time for some new material BB, telling people they're near sighted, have tunnel vision, and are part of this imaginary "feeding frenzy" is starting to make you sound like a broken record. ;)

wZEgqzy.png

#15077 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Time for some new material BB, telling people they're near sighted, have tunnel vision, and are part of this imaginary "feeding frenzy" is starting to make you sound like a broken record. ;)

Oh there's nothing imaginary about it at all. One has only to review the post history of certain people here to see a record of it in black and white. Going back years, in some cases.

Stating the truth only starts to sound like 'a broken record' to those who fail to recognize the truth in it.

;)

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#15078 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,854 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Oh there's nothing imaginary about it at all. One has only to review the post history of certain people here to see a record of it in black and white. Going back years, in some cases.

Stating the truth only starts to sound like 'a broken record' to those who fail to recognize the truth in it.

;)

Guilty. Arguing with people is fun.

wZEgqzy.png

#15079 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 19,236 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

You have tunnel vision and are most likely myopic as well. My original post in here was to state why Wetcoaster doesn't post here anymore. Then the feeding frenzy and mob mentality started. How is that so difficult to see? I insulted nobody until the usual *&%! started by the bullies of WN. I did nothing until attacked. Attacks which seem to be the norm for a certain segment of people here.

And I have absolutely no reason to be angry about the persistent personal attacks and flaming that accompany pretty much every post I make regardless of it's content and in PMs as well? Okaaaay.......

^^ Oh, and that's sarcasm, just in case anyone lacks the capability to understand it. I'd hate to be held responsible for certain people being incapable of recognizing it.

Perhaps some were offended by Wetcoaster's characterization of some of the users here and that certain people recognized themselves within his words. *shrugs*

To be fair BB, you can "come off" as a bit reactionary...albeit generally due to immature or at the very least sarcastic comments that may or may not be taken out of context.

But a lot of the "personal attacks" and "flaming" could likely be avoided if you simply ignored, dismissed or avoiding interjecting and escalating the situation. I have no doubt you intentions are good but sometime while trying to put out a fire you accidentally grab a gas can instead of a bucket of water.

My $0.02.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15080 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

To be fair BB, you can "come off" as a bit reactionary...albeit generally due to immature or at the very least sarcastic comments that may or may not be taken out of context.

To be fair JR............she didn't this time.

#15081 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 19,236 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

To be fair JR............she didn't this time.

*In your opinion...

Someone unfamiliar with what Wet has said in the past and her initial lack of quotes understandably took what she wrote out of context. Her response to that was mildly reactionary (which she could probably have handled better) and then the situation escalated from there.

Now I can understand why she easily gets her back up constantly having to fight flaming but my point is that she has a part in that by pouring gas on the fire rather than water or simply letting the fire burn itself out. It takes two to tango.

Anyway, changing subjects... What did Sharp do this time that got him nixed?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15082 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Opinion is not necessary. She answered a question for a civil member (Vintage) who was familiar with Wet. No hostility should have been taken in that. I am certain Vintage would not have been offended by that. But he can correct me if I am wrong.

#15083 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 19,236 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

You seem to like to point out all the prepubescent morons who post on an internet forum, yet provide no substance when pointing these things out. These 'prepubescent morons' who post here often do have an educated or definite opinion on a subject, yet you seem to just point generalize them as morons for whatever reason.

I'm referring to this post ^^ of this user taking her comments (understandably due to the lack of quotes) out of context.

Oh so terribly sorry. My mistake. I must have forgotten to put the quotation marks around WETCOASTER'S words. Lord knows, he used them often enough and pointed out the specifics often enough.

And this ^^^ mildly reactionary response which led to the situation escalating rather than diffusing.

It could have stopped there with a more appropriate response. I'm not saying Lahey's initial response was a textbook sample of maturity, far from. But if BB wants to change her perception to other users and at the same time have a more enjoyable and less confrontational experience here, it would be in her own best interests to be the bigger person here and not escalate the situation. That's all I'm saying.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15084 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

You have every right to be angry if people are constantly harassing you for no reason in PM's and everytime you post, that is ridiculous and I'd be pretty upset too, but why go around being angry at everybody else because of it?

#15085 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,854 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yeah the PM thing is a bit ridiculous. I thought arguments with Bertuzzi Babe were for the entertainment value, not honest hatred.

Anyway, CDC needs a new logo and slogan:

Posted Image

Edited by BananaMash, 18 October 2012 - 11:18 AM.

wZEgqzy.png

#15086 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

And this ^^^ mildly reactionary response which led to the situation escalating rather than diffusing.

So even when she admits her mistake it isn't good enough?

#15087 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm just gonna say that I do have a certain amount of respect for BB, mostly because I was taught to respect people that were older than myself. However, when every post (at least for the most part) is a seemingly angry statement towards another user on CDC it gets on my nerves.

I hope for your sake BB that you learn when to stop arguing and how to leave things alone. One reason that you may be getting provoked "all the time" is because everyone knows that if they say something negative about you that you'll be there arguing (and often angrily) 5 minutes after they post.

My apologies if I came across a bit harsh in my previous posts.

Cheers,
Tiggies

3Goktj2.jpg

#15088 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

You have every right to be angry if people are constantly harassing you for no reason in PM's and everytime you post, that is ridiculous and I'd be pretty upset too, but why go around being angry at everybody else because of it?

:huh:

Why are you suggesting she is angry at 'everybody else'?

#15089 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,459 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

My apologies if I came across a bit harsh in my previous posts.

Cheers,
Tiggies

Well said :)

#15090 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,854 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

:huh:

Why are you suggesting she is angry at 'everybody else'?

I don't really like using the word, but I think people on here sometimes mistake BB's tendency to be somewhat brash as being angry. Which I don't think she is, unless someone like me decides having a back-and-forth would be fun. Even then she never comes across as angry, just cocky, but since we're online it's hard to tell the difference and people confuse the two.

wZEgqzy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.