The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

I have first year textbooks that I've been unable to sell because they decided to switch to a newer edition the following year. :(

Yeah they did the same with me. In fact one of the textbooks that I bought for $180, they changed to "UBC CUSTOM EDITION" which is exactly the same but with less content that is unrelated to the course and with a special cover. First year students think they need that custom edition and won't buy the old even though it is all the same.

Yeah they did the same with me. In fact one of the textbooks that I bought for $180, they changed to "UBC CUSTOM EDITION" which is exactly the same but with less content that is unrelated to the course and with a special cover. First year students think they need that custom edition and won't buy the old even though it is all the same.

Ugh it's so frustrating when those eager beavers insist on getting the newest edition even though you try to convince them that the extra couple of paragraphs won't affect their learning. Like c'mon, that added material will not be the difference between pass and fail. If it's that important to you just go to the library or borrow from a friend and photocopy those couple of pages. They wouldn't go for it even when I offered a $100+ textbook for $20.

Ugh it's so frustrating when those eager beavers insist on getting the newest edition even though you try to convince them that the extra couple of paragraphs won't affect their learning. Like c'mon, that added material will not be the difference between pass and fail. If it's that important to you just go to the library or borrow from a friend and photocopy those couple of pages. They wouldn't go for it even when I offered a $100+ textbook for $20.

You've offered a book for that much? Wow, now I really regret using the Textbook Reservation Service...

On the plus side, they sent me a really neat Chemistry molecular set. God, I love those things :emot-parrot:

Yeah the textbook reservation is just for ripping off new students.

Those chemistry sets become annoying during exams when people are fiddling with them, or when the "atoms" start rolling off the desks.

They try and instill fear into us students in order to profit. They spread messages about super long lineups and textbook shortages to pressure us into using the system. In the end, the big guys screw over the little guys. I guess it is teaching us an important lesson for how real life works.

Sure Super, bitch about no one being here and then don't show up. Idiot.

whoa whoa whoa, your Highness, calm down, ******!

i'm just late to my party that's all

lmao, last week this was #2, but this week it's #1

that's it Will, own the charts

Edited by Super19