The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

This seems to be a habit .. I log off for the night and listen to music to find rest .. and my love for the song overtakes my need to lie down .. rather, it calls to me to share it .. someday, Miz T of the Q .. someday the sea will gently break before you, ah if to only ride the quell as it ebbs to the shore ..

The intricacies of the melody and peripheral instruments is true beauty ..

• Upvote 1

This seems to be a habit .. I log off for the night and listen to music to find rest .. and my love for the song overtakes my need to lie down .. rather, it calls to me to share it .. someday, Miz T of the Q .. someday the sea will gently break before you, ah if to only ride the quell as it ebbs to the shore ..

The intricacies of the melody and peripheral instruments is true beauty ..

I'm sorry I missed this last night, T7.......when the sea gently breaks .......as most assuredly it will .....when I make my way to the shore......I'll be standing there with those of my heart.......champions they be..... and we'll ride the quell together.....

I find sometimes.....even though I love my heavier music rocking the walls down.....that music as beautiful as this is almost better listened to through earphones so you don't miss a single note.......a single word........

In keeping with last nights "good night" song, Ry Cooder and the Chieftains once again:

This song oozes "artistry" .. many threads forming a beautiful mosaic ..

Artsy....beautiful.......many threads woven together to create a masterpiece..a beautiful song......now logged into favourites!

• Upvote 1

After 3 am........having woken from the most wonderful dream of the fantasy world I'd most like to live in....rocked gently back to sleep with these.......

One of the most beautiful pieces of music I believe was ever written..........

And it's always followed by.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLinTknxBTs

Another incredible piece of music......

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe
  • Upvote 1

Tearloch7 those are two beautiful recordings. I have never heard either of them.

I need to tap back in. The world didn't end thirty years ago after all, maybe.

Thank you, Keke .. The Chieftains put out several albums/CD's with guest artists .. they are beautiful and varied pieces of artistry ignored for the most part, but there have been years when I felt they were the best "folk" albums easily .. and now with Flogging Molly, the world is complete .. :)

• Upvote 1

After 3 am........having woken from the most wonderful dream of the fantasy world I'd most like to live in....rocked gently back to sleep with these.......

One of the most beautiful pieces of music I believe was ever written..........

And it's always followed by.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLinTknxBTs

Another incredible piece of music......

Two almost angelic pieces of music .. almost therapeutic in their gentleness .. ah yes .. they could both so easily make up the sound track to a gently winding path to slumber .. thank you for sharing ..

• Upvote 1

Good night, to all of good heart .. another Chieftains collaboration with Sinead and Ry ..

And with Van the Man .. there are not too many better Celtic albums ever made than Irish Heartbeat .. this title track is a teaser:

Sleep at peace when it finds you ..

• Upvote 1