The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

On 11/5/2019 at 2:19 PM, RWMc1 said:

I have story for this song. So I got a mortgage for my first house. And was given my first credit card.  Not everybody had them at 19?  87 or 88', would have to think about it?

I bought myself and some mates tickets to this tour, 8 in all. My first purchase.  Knopfler toured with Eric anyway. Got the keys to my house Nov 15. My house was broken into Christmas eve.  My CDC's and records, meat from the freezer, TV? And my Eric Clapton tickets, Winnipeg arena. It was going to be hard to explain to all my friends who fronted me cash.

Ticket tec let us in with the credit card receipt.  Great job Master Card!  

We watched these 8 guys moving around the show. Getting kicked out of seat after seat.  Then finally they came back & tried to boot us out, showed us the original tickets.  We went and got a cop at the first exit & they were arrested.

Lived the house behind us, and I got a lot of my things back.  But it was tense for years! 

6 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have story for this song. So I got a mortgage for my first house. And was given my first credit card.  Not everybody had them at 19?  87 or 88', would have to think about it?

I bought myself and some mates tickets to this tour, 8 in all. My first purchase.  Knopfler toured with Eric anyway. Got the keys to my house Nov 15. My house was broken into Christmas eve.  My CDC's and records, meat from the freezer, TV? And my Eric Clapton tickets, Winnipeg arena. It was going to be hard to explain to all my friends who fronted me cash.

Ticket tec let us in with the credit card receipt.  Great job Master Card!  

We watched these 8 guys moving around the show. Getting kicked out of seat after seat.  Then finally they came back & tried to boot us out, showed us the original tickets.  We went and got a cop at the first exit & they were arrested.

Lived the house behind us, and I got a lot of my things back.  But it was tense for years! 

Well, thankfully you got to see the concert.

Sounds like crappy neighbours. I had some ex friends who broke in to my mom's house. I had some electronic equipment stored there and they took it all. The neighbours saw them but my mom wouldn't charge them because her boarder was friends with them and asked her not to. I refused to hang around with them after that but we had mutual friends so I get the tension part.

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Well, thankfully you got to see the concert.

It was an amazing show.  Bright, sharp, jazz influenced sweet sounds from Knopfler's hand. Clapton is a wizard. No Elton John, but I swear Eric had that same dbl breasted suit. 

I also saw Clapton as a guest during a Dire Straights gig.  Straights were so clean.  Doobie Bros and Dire Straights the tightest bands I have ever seen!

• Upvote 1