The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

Was actually coming in here with this but see Fool's Overture up there.  Had a boyfriend who LOVED that song and have fond memories of us driving around listening to it.  Those aren't just "songs" or "music"...they're instant connections to times and places.  The backdrop of it all...  Brilliance through instruments.

See School up there too...that one, even more (different group of friends, lots of memories stored within those tunes).

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Was actually coming in here with this but see Fool's Overture up there.  Had a boyfriend who LOVED that song and have fond memories of us driving around listening to it.  Those aren't just "songs" or "music"...they're instant connections to times and places.  The backdrop of it all...  Brilliance through instruments.

Music takes me back, farther and faster, than the smell of fresh baking bread. 

• Thanks 1

Music is a great way to time travel.

When you hear certain songs from the past it brings you back to that particular time in your life for the good or bad and here's hoping for the joy of music to remain a constant reminder of times we have lived,and brings us peace and joy.

Edited by DADDYROCK
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

My boy Matty's back.  

I met Matthew about ten years back. Him and Dave matthews (and Jessica Simpson, LOL). In an autograph line.  Seen him play several times, oiften a lead act at festivals.

Man, he was happy & loved to chat.  Had a laugh at his buddies famous girlfriend.

Maybe they lack some of the hits. One of the tightest & cleanest bands I have ever seen! Doobie B;s also stand out. Really enjoy Matthew Good!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I met Matthew about ten years back. Him and Dave matthews (and Jessica Simpson, LOL). In an autograph line.  Seen him play several times, oiften a lead act at festivals.

Man, he was happy & loved to chat.  Had a laugh at his buddies famous girlfriend.

Maybe they lack some of the hits. One of the tightest & cleanest bands I have ever seen! Doobie B;s also stand out. Really enjoy Matthew Good!

I, too, have met him a few times ... but it was during his struggle post marriage and he was so open to just being "one of the crowd".

A funny story...saw him in the full throes of his crash and burn...he did a very small acoustic show (with Melissa McLelland) at the EVCC.  So we got there early and there were about 8 parking spaces - just as we parked, an SUV came wheeeeeeling into the park lot and parked in the Handicapped spot.  There were still open spaces beside us (we were reaaaallly early).  Mom had lost the use of her left side and so I was got really angry at people who parked in a handicapped spot who didn't need one...it had caused issues in the past.  As we got out of the car, I was going to confront the person who quite clearly did not have a sticker and was obviously just wanting easy access to the door.  Just as I was about to head over, my kids grabbed my arm and went "don't bother, Mom".  I didn't want to cause a scene in front of them, so didn't.  Just then, Matt hopped out of the SUV and there was a sign over the handicapped sign that said Temporary No Parking (I guess while he unloaded stuff).  Whew.

We chatted with him after the show and I told him about my near miss...which he found quite funny.

He also used to be on a really great website with another guy...it was called Thought Mechanics.  Mostly political and world issues, but also a bit of tech and music thrown in.  We got to be "familiar" on there too..he liked to kid me.  I recall one ribbing about "cumin".

Super nice guy...his whole family is great (don't know them personally but only through social media where, they too, are just average Joes and Janes.  Good folks).

• Like 1