The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

On 5/6/2020 at 7:32 AM, RWMc1 said:

Your an Aussie aren't you?

LOL, I had a raucous time once with Casey, her husband Shane & her dad. We saw them at a festival in Perth. Elbowe'd fiercely for an hour or so to watch them front row. It was an enjoyable show.

Cant recall who was next, Sinead O'Connor?  There was Casey and Shane making their way to the front in between acts. Where we had remained, really waiting for next in line > John Fogherty? Them too... So we watched a show and locked elbows to stay front row, taking turns holding position, shouting each other drinks, bathroom breaks. When push came to shove, Casey, she was joking, promised my father in law anything he wanted. Hinting sex act, tickets, to take his place front row. And they wrestled for position. He never did let her in front. It was fun. :lol: She went NUTS when Fogherty came on, who was very poor BTW... She hugged and humped like a dog on a leg. Trying to climb over him, get on stage, offering to have John's baby. Shane just rolled his eyes. 

He did get a signed CD. But my mother in law always wonders why he has her picture on the ceiling of the bedroom? It could be his favorite all time story...

Here is a nice cut;

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Your an Aussie aren't you?

No. My sister married an Australian and lives outside of Sydney. I used to party with her first husbands buddies back in the late 80's. They got me into Aussie music.

I still remember these first two songs that they played.

LOL. When I first arrived in Aus 13, 14 years ago?  My friend Jason says mate! We're going to an outdoor show.  Tex Perkins, Hoodoo Guru's, Killing Heidi, Doc Neeson.

I said who fluck are they? :frantic:

I have to be honest. I dont remember much of the show. It was that kinda night.  There are some large venue pubs here in Melbourne that get bands like HG's, The Angels (no more Doc, Dave Gleeson), James Reyne, Nick Cave, Steve Kilby from the Church (he's magic), Baby Animals, Screaming Jets. Just 400 metres up Springvale rd from where we live, stumbling distance or 4 KM south more commonly. Last we saw was Diesel.

^ I have seen Paul Kelly do the Girls on the Avenue...

• Upvote 1