The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

The Australian Open's on and it made me miss my favourite (Andre Agassi). I used to love the old matches between Pete Sampras and Andre...some classics.

So it got me thinking of tennis now....still some greats out there.

I was a Nadal fan at first (Andre was his idol). But I've swung over to the Federer camp...the man's just too damn good. And he's one grand slam away from tying Pete's record of 14.

Who do you think's better?: Nadal or Federer.

(If you don't care, don't bother).

I've recently started liking Nadal more than Federer. Fed just comes off as being too pretentious whereas Nadal seems way more down to earth. I respect Federer's talent and accomplishments, he's an amazing player, but I don't like his attitude.

However when it comes down to it, I'm 100% for Djokovic and Ivanovic!

Edited by Killa

more of an andy roddick and andy murray fan but i prefer nadal over the fed

I like Andy Roddick too...I just see a good sense of humor coming through with Federer...that he doesn't take himself too seriously.

Andy Murray's really making a name for himself. I like this video.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited by debluvscanucks

I've always been a Roddick fan so never any good results for me sadly

but I've liked Nadal more than Federer because of Federer's less than modest attitude. He had that air of expectancy, if you catch my drift. I like humble players and Nadal, though he's getting the Federer effect a bit now, has a much better attitude.

Now, Federer is toning that down, cause he's losing, so invariably i'm gonna start liking him more now

i liked Nadal when he was "up and coming"

once he became really good, he seemed slightly arrogant. kind of reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo.

so now im more of a Federer fan.

That's exactly how I feel!!

Once in a while I travel to some tennis tournaments and I saw one of Nadal's practices at Roland Garros in 2006. After the practice the bodyguards tried to clear a path and Nadal helped him by pushing away a little boy (approx. 5/6 years old). That really pissed me off and since then there is no doubt I like Federer more!

The Australian Open's on and it made me miss my favorite (Andre Agassi). I used to love the old matches between Pete Sampras and Andre...some classics.

So it got me thinking to tennis now....still some greats out there.

I was a Nadal fan at first (Andre was his idol). But I've swung over to the Federer camp...the man's just too damn good. And he's one grand slam away from tying Pete's record of 14.

Who do you think's better?: Nadal or Federer.

(If you don't care, don't bother).

Federer is the more talented player, he has every shot in the book and a few that aren't in the book. Nadal is the ultimate grinder, he wears you down by making you hit so many shots. He has the ball striking ability of Agassi, the speed and tenacity of Michael Chang, and the work ethic of Jim Courier. I would say Federer is the better player, but by the thinnest margin.