The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

^

I thought it was live.

Anyhoo I was pulling for the upset, meaning I was actually pulling for Djokovic for once... He hung in pretty well, made some beautiful plays, but got destroyed in the 3rd set, unfortunately.

Dang it Nadal!

• 1 month later...

Men's

First Quarter Final

Robin Soderling SWE (23)

v

Nikolay Davydenko RUS (10)

Second Quarter Final

Andy Murray GBR (3)

v

Fernando Gonzalez CHI (12)

Third Quarter Final

Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (5)

v

Tommy Robredo ESP (16)

Fourth Quarter Final

Gael Monfils FRA (11)

v

Roger Federer SUI (2)

Edited by PerryJ

Women's

First Quarter Final

Dinara Safina RUS (1)

v

Victoria Azarenka BLR (9)

Second Quarter Final

Dominika Cibulkova SVK (20)

v

Maria Sharapova RUS

Third Quarter Final

Sorana Cirstea ROU

v

Samantha Stosur AUS (30)

Fourth Quarter Final

Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (7)

v

Serena Williams USA (2)

Women's

First Quarter Final

Dinara Safina RUS (1)

v

Victoria Azarenka BLR (9)

Second Quarter Final

Dominika Cibulkova SVK (20)

v

Maria Sharapova RUS

Third Quarter Final

Sorana Cirstea ROU

v

Samantha Stosur AUS (30)

Fourth Quarter Final

Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (7)

v

Serena Williams USA (2)

The most interesting match is Safina vs Azarenka. I watched all the games that Dinara played and she is playing the best tennis of her career. But Azarenka would be a hard rival. In each tournament she is getting better a lot, and I wouldn't be surprised if one day she was the number 1 of the ranking.

For me, the biggest disappointment was Elena Dementieva. I expected a lot from her and now I begin to think that she will never win a major. I hope I'm wrong.

The most interesting match is Safina vs Azarenka. I watched all the games that Dinara played and she is playing the best tennis of her career. But Azarenka would be a hard rival. In each tournament she is getting better a lot, and I wouldn't be surprised if one day she was the number 1 of the ranking.

For me, the biggest disappointment was Elena Dementieva. I expected a lot from her and now I begin to think that she will never win a major. I hope I'm wrong.

You seem to be an expert on Russian stuff, so i got a question for you: How come Marat Safin's sister has the name Dinara Safina? does adding the 'a' at the end make it the feminine version?

You seem to be an expert on Russian stuff, so i got a question for you: How come Marat Safin's sister has the name Dinara Safina? does adding the 'a' at the end make it the feminine version?

Yeah. Some examples: Ovechkin's mother is Ovechkina. Sharapova's father is Sharapov. If you are a guy called Viktor Goncharov the name of your child will be( for example) Alexei Viktorovich Goncharov or Natalia Viktorovna Goncharova. The middle name is always the name of the father with the sufixe -ich for the guys and ovna for the girls.

Another important things about surnames is that the surnames who finish in -enko are ukranian. Russian who has that surname have their roots in Ukraine. That surnames can not be declined in russian.

Yeah. Some examples: Ovechkin's mother is Ovechkina. Sharapova's father is Sharapov. If you are a guy called Viktor Goncharov the name of your child will be( for example) Alexei Viktorovich Goncharov or Natalia Viktorovna Goncharova. The middle name is always the name of the father with the sufixe -ich for the guys and ovna for the girls.

Another important things about surnames is that the surnames who finish in -enko are ukranian. Russian who has that surname have their roots in Ukraine. That surnames can not be declined in russian.

That's interesting. Thanks

Some good matches last night.

Kinda sad that Verdasco got owned by Davydenko. Tsonga looked pretty deflated playing against J-M del Potro as well... And Roddick against Monfils as well.

Yeah Roddick looked downright bad. He MADE Monfils look good.

Roddick is the Sidney Crosby of Tennis-lol yes i am a crosby fan but i recognize that he needs to quit whining

Yesterday his complaint was that his side of the court had poor lighting compared to Monfils' side

His game really went downhill after he won the US Open and Wimbledon. I really thought he's stay as the World #1 for longer than he did

OMG watch this! it's enough to drive anyone crazy. if i was her opponent i'd have to wear earplugs!

Honestly, that's total overkill. What purpose does it serve (other than driving everyone crazy)? I mean, some grunting on impact may be the result of putting everything into a shot - but that's ridiculous.

There should be some kind of ruling/warning system when it becomes that much of a distraction. I wouldn't want to go sit through one of her matches based on this.