The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Genie has agreed to 2nd date with the guy. Wonder what her boyfriend must be thinking right now. She's kicked him to the curb (see her comment about him below).

What's up with that fur coat?

0212-genie-bouchard-1.jpg

geniedatejpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.656x65

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tennis/2017/02/17/genie-bouchards-twitter-date-was-a-raquet-she-already-has-a-beau.html

Eugenie Bouchard may have agreed to a second date with her much talked about Twitter beau, but it looks like he’s not the only man in the picture.

The 22-year-old Montreal-born tennis star’s verified Instagram account shows Bouchard cozying up with an unidentified male, whose tattooed arm is pictured caressing her inner thigh as the bathing-suit clad pair lie out at an exotic locale.

It was posted two weeks before Bouchard went on a highly publicized date with John Goehrke, a University of Illinois marketing student who won the rendezvous after a Super Bowl wager with Bouchard via Twitter.

The other man? Internet detectives believe it’s professional hockey player Jordan Caron — a native of Sayabec, Quebec — who is currently a part of the St. Louis Blues organization.

The New York Post was first to report the connection.

Plenty of hints about a relationship between Bouchard and Caron exist.

Sleuths trolling Bouchard’s Instagram account — which boasts more than 1.3 million followers — believe the tattoo on the inside of the unidentified man’s forearm in that photo belongs to Caron.

The hockey player also posted a picture on his own account around the same time; in it, Caron rocks a neon orange bathing suit, comparable to the one in Bouchard’s photo, in a similarly tropical environment.

The pair appears in two separate photos on Caron’s Instagram profile.

His most recent nod to the tennis player came Wednesday — the day of her date with Goehrke — when he posted a photo of her spread in this year’s Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition.

The caption, in part, read “proud of you,” followed by a heart emoji.

Still, Bouchard’s social media flame doesn’t seem phased by her apparent real life romance.

Goehrke told Fox Sports on Friday that he was “thrilled” that Bouchard agreed to a second date.

The ball is in her court regarding that meeting, Goehrke said, but he planned to try and make it happen so he and Bouchard could get to know one another better.

“At this point I’m just trying to make a second date happen and we can worry about (Caron) later.”

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fivethej said:

Genie has agreed to 2nd date with the guy. Wonder what her boyfriend must be thinking right now. She's kicked him to the curb (see her comment about him below).

What's up with that fur coat?

0212-genie-bouchard-1.jpg

geniedatejpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.656x65

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tennis/2017/02/17/genie-bouchards-twitter-date-was-a-raquet-she-already-has-a-beau.html

she actually seems to like this dude..who knew you could score a babe like Genie by tweeting s&&t.

I read that he gave Genie some Tiffany ear rings on the date....they look good together.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Fox Sports did Q&A with the guy.

http://www.foxsports.com/tennis/story/qa-with-john-goehrke-the-kid-who-scored-the-internets-most-famous-date-of-2017-021717

FOX: First of all: what on earth gave you the courage to ask this at THIS time and not a different situation in the past?

Goehrke: At the time it didn’t seem like a crazy, bold thing to do. For one I didn’t think she would actually respond and also probably because it was such a long shot at the time. But I didn’t even think twice about it once I got the idea.

FOX: In two words or less: give me your reaction the moment she responded saying the bet was on…

Goehrke: Ecstatic

FOX: Did you think she was actually going to follow through with it after the Pats finished off the comeback?

Goehrke: Once the Patriots started to come back the whole situation got more and more attention and the more attention it got I felt like that gave me a better chance of having her go through with it just because now everyone had witnessed her agree to it.

FOX: Fair enough. Now take us through the process of making the date actually happen; how did she contact you? What was the introduction like? Were there any ground rules before she even offered her proposal?

Goehrke: She messaged me on Twitter last week just saying hi and everything, she gave me her agent’s contact and I called him. When I called him they had already had this idea and her just confirmed with me whether I could make it work. So I worked with him the next couple of days getting my flights and hotels figured out, which she was nice enough to pay for.

FOX: OK so you arrive in NYC, get put up, have courtside tickets waiting for you — what was the game plan for when she arrived? You only get one chance to make a first impression.

Goehrke: Yeah, so I got a ride over to her hotel and had one NBA media member in the car with me. When we got there he did a quick interview with me and then went upstairs and interviewed her before she came down. Then she came down and we met, I gave her a hug and said hi and gave the gift I had brought and then we walked out to the car and left for the game.

FOX: What was the gift and what made you think she’d like it?

Goehrke: Tiffany earrings. They had “Tiffany New York” on them which I thought was a cool touch because we had our date in New York

FOX: NOW WE’RE COOKING WITH GAS, JOHN. So we make it into the arena, do all of the interviews, sit in the seats, and now the date is on. Would you let us be a fly on the wall and highlight some of the things you guys talked about? How did you kill the 2.5 hours other than just watching the game?

Goehrke: We talked about a variety of sports things and then we talked about what we were thinking on our side while this whole thing was going down. I kept telling her how amazed I was that she agreed to this without a picture or any info on me and she was happy that I ended up being “normal” haha

FOX: At some point, the game has to end and any “normal” person is thinking about the after-party or nightcap before it’s too late. How did that play out? Did she just drop you off at the hotel after? Did one of you propose postgame drinks somewhere? Did you shoot your shot?

Goehrke: We drove back to hotel and talked and hung out for a minute before leaving. I was satisfied that she agreed to a second date, so I was thrilled. We took pictures out front and she had me kiss her on the cheek for the last pic so I thought that was a good way to end the night.

FOX: Not worried about the hockey player she’s cuddling with in her Instagram photos knocking on your door with a baseball bat?

Goehrke: At this point I’m just trying to make a second date happen and we can worry about that later

OX: You know what they say: when in the ring, defend yourself at all times. What’s the next move: are you waiting for her to text you with details of the second date? Are you guys talking/texting since she got back in the car after the game? Pretty much: without blowing up your spot, where is the ball right now and what side of the court is it on?

Goehrke: I’d say the ball is in her court at this point regarding the second date. I have texted her since I left. But yeah I’m gonna try to make a second date happen, I think that would be really fun and give us a chance to really get to know each other.

FOX: Last question, what is your advice to all the kids out there who are trying to outkick their coverage and score a date with a celebrity?

Goehrke: My advice is never hesitate to go for it. The worst that could happen in my situation was that she didn’t respond, so why not!

7 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

she actually seems to like this dude..who knew you could score a babe like Genie by tweeting s&&t.

I read that he gave Genie some Tiffany ear rings on the date....they look good together.

He did indeed.

4221396001_5326685640001_5326668678001-v

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the incident with the umpire, Shapovalov said he'd grow from the mistake he made and improve as a person and as a player.

While he is still fiery and prone to emotional outbursts, he has rocketed up the rankings and now sits at live ranking of 172 (he was ranked ~250 during Davis Cup) in the midst of a 17 match winning streak (he gave a walkover because of illness in the middle of that winning streak, but that doesn't really count as a match he lost). He's won 2 titles during this streak and plays for a 3rd title and an 18th consecutive win tomorrow.

Good luck Denis!

• 1 month later...

Genie just beat Sharapova at the Madrid Open. This is after weeks of her being a really outspoken critic of Sharapova re: doping suspension. Must feel nice. 

Bit of a frosty handshake afterward.

Edited by ckamo
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Monteeun said:

Anyone know how to watch wta matches? You used to be able to watch them but now they are not showing them. :(

Google  ...Tennis free live streaming....click on batmanstream.....select the match....xout the ad screen that will come up.....select the 1st link that doesn't require registration....when the game comes on hit the little x near the top left of the screen to get rid of a glitch that makes you unable to enlarge the screen.  Don't sign up for anything.  Had to go golfing after the first set today....couldn't take the tension...lol.

• 1 month later...

16 Year old Felix Auger-Aliassime wins his first Challenger Title in Lyon, France!

This moves him to 232 in the world. He's the 7th youngest player in history to win a title of this type right between Nadal at 6th youngest and Djokovic at 8th youngest. 

https://www.twitter.com/cbcsports/status/876480554920804352

Edited by Where's Wellwood

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Done.  Big win!

who's up next for Milos?  

Federer, lol. His journey almost certainly ends here. But I wish him luck. This quarterfinal is a dream finals for me, so I'm upset it had to happen here.

2 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Federer, lol. His journey almost certainly ends here. But I wish him luck. This quarterfinal is a dream finals for me, so I'm upset it had to happen here.

Milos beat Feds before; he could do it again.  "Another win for Milos!"