The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

He gave it a good go and can be proud of that performance.  That commentator was NOT on board and was basically setting up an "I told you so" from the get go.  Was not considering age, experience, etc...just was an absolute ass.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2017 at 5:46 PM, fivethej said:

TSN is saying Milos/Genie era is over already :lol:

It's a tough gig, this just proves it.

You can make it TO the big leagues, but winning takes it to another level and this is a gruelling game at times.  Injuries and focus are two things that can really derail it.  Although, in seeing what Federer did (by taking a year off or so), injuries can be overcome if given the proper care and rest.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's a tough gig, this just proves it.

You can make it TO the big leagues, but winning takes it to another level and this is a gruelling game at times.  Injuries and focus are two things that can really derail it.  Although, in seeing what Federer did (by taking a year off or so), injuries can be overcome if given the proper care and rest.

I think Genie caught lightning in a bottle a few years back, I just don't see her having the power to consistently be near the top.  Hopefully she can prove me wrong.

I feel bad for Milos, there are times he needs that extra 10% (physically and mentally) and can't get it, and he knows it.  He's commented a few times how hard it is to stay near the top, so I hope he doesn't start to waiver on his drive.  I hope this rest does him well, a little bit of luck and I think he can still get that major (or if he can figure out that 10% mental part of it).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Woo-hoo! Shapovalov wins his first career grand slam match defeating Medvedev 7-5, 6-1, 6-2. He will face Tsonga on Wednesday.

Wow!  That's a huge win for the kid.  Medvedev is very good.  Tsonga will be a tough one too.  Really pulling for our young Canuck.  Go Shap Go!

• Upvote 2