The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

roddick is a dramaqueen moron who thinks he's a lot better than he is

at least the previous generations of cocky dramaqueens (nastase, mcenroe) were legtimate, constant threats

roddick has his serve and his celebrity girlfriends and that's about it

federer is amazing, but it's sorta embarrassing to watch him cry his eyes out every time he wins something.

Riots in Melbourne!

After the Game between Djokovic (Serbia) & Delic (American with Bosnian roots) Fans of both Players have thrown Plastic Chairs at each other. One women gots hurt. The "Balkan War" is still in the Heads of those People.

happened two years ago as well. and it's not just tennis tournaments; rugby, football..

Anyone else watching this Federer match (vs Berdych)? I don't know if it's live or I'm watching a replay but it's turning out to be a doozie...Federer down two sets and has just taken the third. Momentum shifting in his favor...should be one helluva finish!

Edited by debluvscanucks

My favourite players are James Blake and Andy Roddick. Federer I usually end up cheering for as well. Not a big Nadal fan.

I play tennis a fair deal too, but quit playing competitive when I switched to UBC. Still an awesome work-out. A bunch of sprints over 2-3 hours... awesome for the glutes.

Roddick's steamrolling his way through his match right now (he's had a fairly easy draw so far).

Did Blake win his match?...I was watching but missed the end.

And man, this one's highlighting the resilience/brilliance of Federer....he was down and OUT and he's battled back and looks like he might take it. He's showing a lot more emotion than usual in this match...he's having to really work for it and he's pretty pumped up.

Edited by debluvscanucks

WINNNNNNNNN

JAAAAAA ROGGGERRR

Thank you Berdych!! Good match... Pushed all the right buttons, and then Roger found his way.

Wow 3.5 hours... And exactly how long was the Gasquet/Gonzalez match? I can't remember, but that was frickin' waaay drawn out...

WINNNNNNNNN

JAAAAAA ROGGGERRR

Thank you Berdych!! Good match... Pushed all the right buttons, and then Roger found his way.

Wow 3.5 hours... And exactly how long was the Gasquet/Gonzalez match? I can't remember, but that was frickin' waaay drawn out...

I love this about tennis....you're NEVER out and if someone leaves the door ajar, you can sneak back in and steal the match.

An awesome one tonight.

It's certainly not fun to watch Federer cold... One of my friends says his face seems permanently frozen to look like he's always chewing the most sour lemons on the planet, and I disagree, but man when he's troubled, that's kind of what I think of.

I'm so happy he got through that. He was in a really dangerous spot, in contrast to Nadal and Roddick who really had full control of their respective matches.

That Gasquet/Gonzalez match was too long... Haha. I was rootin' for Gasquet, and the crowd was kind of getting on my nerves. Going 'toe-to-toe'... But I was amazed at how close the stats were, but Gonzalez had the edge. The quality of play wasn't top-notch though, what with the 'injuries' and all the unforced errors and stuff.

Still, entertaining none-the-less.

I didn't watch the Jankovic match, but I was pretty surprised to hear she lost. :s

^

I'll keep hoping.

Tennis is on at 12:30am on TSN tonight... Don't think I'll watch it, what with school and all. If only I could stay at home and watch tennis all day.

What a crummy time to lose TSN2 too, dang it... They had a lot of coverage too.

Djokovic moved on after beating Baghdatis. The tourney progresses...

Federer is on the decline of his amazing career. I think he will never be #1 ranked in the world again.

I wouldn't say that's fair. He's a more technical player then athletic. He just needs to get his mental edge back.