The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

What time is his 1st game?

He is the 2nd match of tonights session on Court 19. TSN starts its coverage at 6pm Pacific. Hopefully the Raonic match is going to be aired but being that it is out on Court 19 there is definitely no guarantee unless they sent their own crew to cover Milos...which I doubt. We will probably just get the stock ESPN coverage

Raonic won!!!!

Stats for the match

Court 19 - Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.

1 2 3 4 5

M.Raonic CAN(23) 6 6 6    

F.Volandri ITA 4 0 2    

Elapsed Time by Set:  40 21 30

Match Summary

M.Raonic F.Volandri

43 of 69 = 62 % 1st Serve % 37 of 84 = 44 %

13 Aces 0

4 Double Faults 5

4 Unforced Errors 5

36 of 43 = 84 % Winning % on 1st Serve 21 of 37 = 57 %

15 of 26 = 58 % Winning % on 2nd Serve 21 of 47 = 45 %

13 Winners 0

42 of 84 = 50 % Receiving Points Won 18 of 69 = 26 %

6 of 12 = 50 % Break Point Conversions 0 of 5 = 0 %

0 of 0 = 0 % Net Approaches 0 of 0 = 0 %

93 Total Points Won 60

Edited by Tony Romo

I think Milos has a shot against Roddick. Djokovic is too much for him right now....BUT you never know....if he is able to hold serve he always has a chance.

Last year when Milos played Roddick he gave Roddick all he could handle. I believe it was a 3 setter, or at least a 2nd set tiebreak. Milos has a better serve than Andy I think, so he definitely has a shot.

Marino lost her 1st round match up 6-4 6-2.

Lame, I had to go to a meeting and missed the slaughter. Looking forward to Raonic vs Petzchner...these guys played each other twice last year. In the first meeting Petzchner won a tough 3 setter (3-6, 7-6 (8-6), 3-6)at home in Germany at the Gerry Weber back in June. But Milos got his revenge after his return from injury at the Stockholm Open in November where he won 6-3 6-3.

I'm predicting a tougher match for Milos but he should come through this in 3 or 4 sets at most....which will set up the 3rd round epic serving matchup with Roddick!

Marino lost her 1st round match up 6-4 6-2.

Disappointing. Though Aleksandra Wozniak and Stephanie Dubois did advance on the Women's side.

I like Raonic's chance against Petzschner on the hard court. I don't think we'll see many long rallies either way. Petzschner does hit hard, but Raonic hits harder.

Can't wait for the Raonic match! His game is suited really well to this surface and he's playing some outstanding tennis. And just to give you guys a heads-up, the australian open is streaming almost all of their matches live at their website for free (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/live.html). The stream quality is great, you can choose to watch coverage from any 7 of the major courts, and there are no commercial breaks! Only thing is it's the aussie commentators (who aren't as good as espn) but it's free so who cares.

I'm overseas right now and it works perfectly for me. It says it's blacked out for europe, UK, new zealand and japan so it should work for you guys. That way if espn is showing another match instead of the raonic one you won't have to miss anything. Let me know if it works for you guys in van.

Can't wait for the Raonic match! His game is suited really well to this surface and he's playing some outstanding tennis. And just to give you guys a heads-up, the australian open is streaming almost all of their matches live at their website for free (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/live.html). The stream quality is great, you can choose to watch coverage from any 7 of the major courts, and there are no commercial breaks! Only thing is it's the aussie commentators (who aren't as good as espn) but it's free so who cares.

I'm overseas right now and it works perfectly for me. It says it's blacked out for europe, UK, new zealand and japan so it should work for you guys. That way if espn is showing another match instead of the raonic one you won't have to miss anything. Let me know if it works for you guys in van.

Thanks for the heads up. I will check that out tonight.

Tie a set a piece.

Raonic 1st serve isn't looking so good right now.

Also, Raonic really has to work on his rallies and footwork, or he'll never become a top 10 player.

He will be Top 10 within the next year and half. He will run into problems in the Top 8. He is already good enough for 9 or 10.

I stopped watching the Raonic match. Wasn't enjoying his unforced errors.

I don't like matches where the player relies entirely on his serve

Still, Raonic will be good in a few years. Just needs to learn to handle his massive frame

His serve is phenomenal

Very similar to Isner

Nalbandian yesterday deserved to win the match. Isner won solely on his serve

Tsonga is doing decently right now. Still not quite into a zone but some amazing shots.

I'm hoping someone can beat Andy Murray. Can't stand the guy.