The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

^ and now she's won the match! Unbelievable display by Clijsters. One of the classiest players on the tour and one of the best as well.

Gutsy of her to battle after that nasty ankle injury. She made some unbelievable shots.

Felt bad for Li Na. An opponent suffering an injury has got to mess with her mentally and she came unglued a few times, especially when she yelled at her husband :lol:

Great match

I wonder what the crowd will be like at the Federer/Tomic match. I guess more support for Tomic, but then again Federer is the best player to have played the game. Really excited for this match too. Federer is going to teach Tomic a lesson or two. :)

Edited by Roger Federer

Intersting.

Sucks when players can't get along when there are so few of them who are considered elite to begin with

Well Almagro went for the handshake, but Berdych ignored it.

Edited by Roger Federer

Intersting.

Sucks when players can't get along when there are so few of them who are considered elite to begin with

A majority of them do get along, for the most part. Sometimes I'm surprised at just how much sportsmanship there is amongst the top players.

A majority of them do get along, for the most part. Sometimes I'm surprised at just how much sportsmanship there is amongst the top players.

Totally agree. Just reading how some of them interact with each other on twitter is so funny. Like during the US Open (i think) when Wozniacki tweeted that during a rain delay the Williams sisters were in the locker room giving her relationship advice, that made me lol. And they all appear in charity matches together which is great. Nice to see that sportsmanship among players.

It was during a rally. Absolutely no intent to injure.

Berdych should've gotten over himself.

Agreed. That's pretty lame. Happens so often and players just dismiss it and get over it.

Agreed. That's pretty lame. Happens so often and players just dismiss it and get over it.

The game wasn't even over at that point. The set was even at 5-5. Almagro hit the ball while it was below the net. He even threw up his hands to say "My bad".

It's not like Almagro overhead slammed the ball at Berdych's face with the score lopsided in Berdych's favour. The responsibility is on Tomas to suck it up. You won. Isn't that enough for you?

Edited by Brad Marchand

The game wasn't even over at that point. The set was even at 5-5. Almagro hit the ball while it was below the net. He even threw up his hands to say "My bad".

It's not like Almagro overhead slammed the ball at Berdych's face with the score lopsided in Berdych's favour. The responsibility is on Tomas to suck it up. You won. Isn't that enough for you?

Doesn't matter anyway. Even though I don't want this to happen, Berdych is done for against Nadal.