The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Sharapova wins!! Amazing comeback for her. Many would have retired after going through the injuries she did.

And a great showing by Sara Errani also. She seems like a really humble person. There was a funny moment where the announcer announced Sharapova as the runner up. Maria started laughing and Sara lauged and raised her arms in celebration pretending that she was the winner. Nice of both players to take it in stride and give the crowd a laugh

Also, Canadian Daniel Nestor and his partner Max Myrnyi just won the doubles championship!

So happy for Maria. She definitely has earned everything she has got.

I will be up at 6am to watch Rafa go for yet another major. With the way he has been playing, I'm not sure Nole is going to be able to pull it off, at least I hope not.

Vamos Rafa!

Honestly, Rafa should destroy Djokovic with the way he is playing, and probably will.

This final didn't pack the same punch as the Aussie Final did. Of course that one was one for the ages and will never be repeated again, but the rain delays really fragmented this one and it didn't even feel like the same match after awhile.

Rafa is the king of clay, no disputing that, so congrats to him. Would have been cool for Djokovic to be the holder of all 4 slam titles at the same time though.

This final didn't pack the same punch as the Aussie Final did. Of course that one was one for the ages and will never be repeated again, but the rain delays really fragmented this one and it didn't even feel like the same match after awhile.

Rafa is the king of clay, no disputing that, so congrats to him. Would have been cool for Djokovic to be the holder of all 4 slam titles at the same time though.

No, the 2008 Wimbledon finals was easily the best grand slam final match of all time. Aussie Open 2012 doesn't even come close.

A little late, but congrats to Rafa. His performance in the last 9 games of the match was incredible. I believe he isn't going to be playing any in many, if any events leading up to Wimbledon so I think its possible for him to be the 3 seed depending on what Fed does.

No, Rafa is playing in Halle. And no matter what Fed did, he wouldn't get to #2. Also, Wimbledon uses weird ranking systems for seeding. They count up like how many points you have now, and how many grass points you've gotten in the last two years, and give you a seeding on that. Something like that anyways. So even if Fed got to #2, which he can't by Wimbledon, he still wouldn't be seeded #2 as Rafa has 3200 grass court points just from Wimbledon alone, while Fed only has 720.

Edited by Toasta Brigger

Nadal is obviously better than Federer. In 18 matches, Nadal won 12.

:picard: That does not determine who is better. Many top players have a bad head-to-head against top 40 players. Federer also holds the record for longest time as the 1st seed, the most Grand Slams won, and many other records. He is considered the best tennis player to ever live. His competition is Pete Sampras, NOT Nadal.

:picard: That does not determine who is better. Many top players have a bad head-to-head against top 40 players. Federer also holds the record for longest time as the 1st seed, the most Grand Slams won, and many other records. He is considered the best tennis player to ever live. His competition is Pete Sampras, NOT Nadal.

Just a heads up, you're replying to a 3 1/2 year old comment from a banned user.