The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Damn, what an upset that would have been. I like this format of play better than the Grand Slams - best of 3 sets with no tiebreak in the 3rd.

Fed has pulled out of the Rogers Cup. That makes him, Rafa, Ferrer, Verdasco, and Monfils. Hoping Djokovic doesn't follow suit. Only silver lining is that Raonic will be given a higher ranking.

What a lopsided score (6-0, 6-1) in the Women's Final. I fully expected Serena to beat Sharapova but it should have been a closer match than that. Afterall, Sharapova is a former World #1 also. I'd pe pissed if I bought tickets to that match. No moments of stress or intensity at all.

But congrats to Serena. For awhile, it looked like she was down and out. Her comeback in tennis has been phenomenal and she has proven that she still has what it takes to be the best.

Congrats also to the Bryan brothers for their gold in doubles. No team more fun to watch and a well deserved gold.

Bloody hell Djokovic. No one expected him to have a repeat of last season because that was unreal but I'd say this season has been a real letdown for him, not even making the finals so many times.

Hope Fed beats the heck out of Murray again.

I'm by no means a Murray fan (granted I'm DEFINITELY not a Federer fan either), but I'd actually like to see Murray win this one. Purely based on the fact that he's representing his country (...sort of) on home soil (...again...sort of).

Wow a straight sets victory by Murray :shock:

I'm not a fan of his at all but it's hard to not be happy for him to have won in front of the home crowd. Their number of winners hit were nearly identical but Fed made a lot more unforced errors and that was the difference in the match. Seems that's always the case when Fed loses - it's not that the opponent played better, it's that Fed didn't play as well.

And I can't believe Djokovic didn't even win bronze :angry:

Congrats to Serena and Venus on the doubles gold as well!

I was hoping that Federer can win gold, to complete the Golden Slam, but have to give credit to Murray... he learned from the past and played an excellent game. It was obvious that Federer was not himself today and made a lot of uncharacteristic errors. The toll from that marathon on Friday is also clear.

Federer played a poor game, unfortunately it came in the Gold Medal Final.

Raonic looked good in his match against Troicki (6-3 6-4) today at the Rogers Cup. Monstrous serves (of course) but also some great net front volleys and a few nice passing shots as well. His unforced errors must be brought down in order for him to crack the top 10

Hopefully Milos can win the Rogers Cup!

that would be fantastic. he'll still have to beat Djok or del Potro though I'd expect.

Wozniack beat Jankovic today in front of a packed house in Montreal. Great to see Canadians excelling in so many sports!

Tough year for the Rogers Cup. Being right after the Olympics, a lot of big names have dropped out.

that would be fantastic. he'll still have to beat Djok or del Potro though I'd expect.

Wozniack beat Jankovic today in front of a packed house in Montreal. Great to see Canadians excelling in so many sports!

Tough year for the Rogers Cup. Being right after the Olympics, a lot of big names have dropped out.

Delpo lost in the 2nd round to Radek Stepanek.