The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

So Milos is literally given a break, with 4 double faults by Gulbis, and then just gives the break right back to love. And now everything from Milos is an unforced error. How typical.

Yeah, that was terrible; surprised Milos pulled off the win. All Canadian semi-final! Nadal should get threw easily but looking forward to the Djokovic game versus Gasquet, gotta love Gasquets backhand

All quiet now that he pulled it off i see.

You say that as if I dislike Raonic..I do not, however. I enjoy watching him play, he is a favourite player of mine. Giving a break back to love, in a third set, after getting a break gifted to you is just horrible. And the reason I posted that, is because that seems to happen to Milos all the time..I am happy and relieved he got through, as it sets up two dream semi-finals tomorrow.

You say that as if I dislike Raonic..I do not, however. I enjoy watching him play, he is a favourite player of mine. Giving a break back to love, in a third set, after getting a break gifted to you is just horrible. And the reason I posted that, is because that seems to happen to Milos all the time..I am happy and relieved he got through, as it sets up two dream semi-finals tomorrow.

He's gone through very much a rough patch. Stagnated, new coach etc. But I see today's events as a positive. After giving a game back, he battled and got the victory - this after an awful second set.

Sorry, wasnt trying to come at you. I'm sure were both in the same boat: would love to see Raonic battle with the Tongas etc for now, and eventually move into top 4 contention.

I think today was a positive move forward. His past makes me wait and see - i really hope there isn't a let down.

Wow, looks like Pospisil and Raonic are going into a 3rd set

Sad that I can't watch Nadal and Novak, it's on at like 3 AM

I'm torn on who to cheer for. Part of me wants Raonic just cause I think he has a better shot to win. Having said that, with the crowd behind him, Pospisil could surprise.

I'm torn on who to cheer for. Part of me wants Raonic just cause I think he has a better shot to win. Having said that, with the crowd behind him, Pospisil could surprise.

Exactly! I'm going for Raonic over Pospisil by an inch because I want to see a Canadian at least put up a fight against Nadal/Djokovic. What a great day to go to watch though, seeing two Canadians battle it out and obviously a Nadal/Djokovic match will be very entertaining.

Am I the only one who prefers Pospisil over Raonic? I feel that he has a more complete game. Yeah he has a big serve like Raonic does, but he's more mobile, has a wider array of strokes he can hit, and makes far fewer unforced errors.

And Pospisil is more fun to watch. Shows some emotion, works the crowd, interacts with others a bit more...

I predict bigger things for Pospisil than Raonic in the figure. Just my opinion though.