The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

If I were Federer I'd consider retiring after this season. Or maybe next after one more go at each of the slams.

He does want to compete in the 2016 Olympics one last time. But he stated that he will retire when he feels he cannot legitimately compete for a slam. I agree he should finish his career strong/on a high point. When I was watching his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round matches, he looked very solid and confident. But he really did self-destruct in his 4th round match with too many unforced errors.

Glad Murray lost out. He's one of the most boring players to watch IMO. Wawrinka played phenomenal this tournament. He has the potential to be better than Ferrer and DelPo and maybe even Murray. Gave Djokovic a real test today too.

Meanwhile Rafa is just sailing through. Will be a great final. Djokovic will have to be more of an aggressor. He played too defensive and cautious against Wawrinka.

Serena vs Azarenka will be good too. The result depends on which Serena shows up - the calm, cool, dominant Serena. Or the self-destructing Serena.

Glad Murray lost out. He's one of the most boring players to watch IMO. Wawrinka played phenomenal this tournament. He has the potential to be better than Ferrer and DelPo and maybe even Murray. Gave Djokovic a real test today too.

Meanwhile Rafa is just sailing through. Will be a great final. Djokovic will have to be more of an aggressor. He played too defensive and cautious against Wawrinka.

Serena vs Azarenka will be good too. The result depends on which Serena shows up - the calm, cool, dominant Serena. Or the self-destructing Serena.

Sorry but I don't see Wawrinka ever being top 5, let alone being better than players who have already won major(s). He is just not consistent enough. Also, Azarenka has already beaten Serena twice this season. It was not because Serena self destructed, but Azarenka took control and won.

Edited by Federer

Sorry but I don't see Wawrinka ever being top 5, let alone being better than players who have already won major(s). He is just not consistent enough. Also, Azarenka has already beaten Serena twice this season. It was not because Serena self destructed, but Azarenka took control and won.

True, a lot of it depends on consistency. I don't see him being higher than Djokovic, Rafa, or Murray. But I see him being a legitimate threat now. Someone who can beat the big 3 or at least pose a threat of upsetting any of them.

My hope for the finals: Djokovic and Serena

My prediction for the finals: Nadal and Serena