g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,041 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

And Del Potro breaks back. Intense.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#1622 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,041 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

And Federer finally wins. Man, did those fans in the audience ever get their money's worth.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#1623 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Damn, what an upset that would have been. I like this format of play better than the Grand Slams - best of 3 sets with no tiebreak in the 3rd.

Fed has pulled out of the Rogers Cup. That makes him, Rafa, Ferrer, Verdasco, and Monfils. Hoping Djokovic doesn't follow suit. Only silver lining is that Raonic will be given a higher ranking.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#1624 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Murray wins.

#1625 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Bloody hell Djokovic. No one expected him to have a repeat of last season because that was unreal but I'd say this season has been a real letdown for him, not even making the finals so many times.

Hope Fed beats the heck out of Murray again.
Posted Image

#1626 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

What a lopsided score (6-0, 6-1) in the Women's Final. I fully expected Serena to beat Sharapova but it should have been a closer match than that. Afterall, Sharapova is a former World #1 also. I'd pe pissed if I bought tickets to that match. No moments of stress or intensity at all.

But congrats to Serena. For awhile, it looked like she was down and out. Her comeback in tennis has been phenomenal and she has proven that she still has what it takes to be the best.

Congrats also to the Bryan brothers for their gold in doubles. No team more fun to watch and a well deserved gold.
Posted Image

#1627 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Bloody hell Djokovic. No one expected him to have a repeat of last season because that was unreal but I'd say this season has been a real letdown for him, not even making the finals so many times.

Hope Fed beats the heck out of Murray again.

I'm by no means a Murray fan (granted I'm DEFINITELY not a Federer fan either), but I'd actually like to see Murray win this one. Purely based on the fact that he's representing his country (...sort of) on home soil (...again...sort of).

#1628 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Federer should win this match. This is his last opportunity to get the gold medal and complete the career golden slam.

#1629 Not A Fruit

Not A Fruit

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hoping for Federer to win the gold and Del Potro to win bronze :)
Posted Image
Special Thanks to Twilight Sparkle ^

#1630 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Wow a straight sets victory by Murray :shock:

I'm not a fan of his at all but it's hard to not be happy for him to have won in front of the home crowd. Their number of winners hit were nearly identical but Fed made a lot more unforced errors and that was the difference in the match. Seems that's always the case when Fed loses - it's not that the opponent played better, it's that Fed didn't play as well.

And I can't believe Djokovic didn't even win bronze :angry:

Congrats to Serena and Venus on the doubles gold as well!
Posted Image

#1631 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

If I see one more person say anywhere (yes I know nobody here did) that Federer lost on purpose I'm going to flip.

Edited by ckamo, 05 August 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#1632 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

I was hoping that Federer can win gold, to complete the Golden Slam, but have to give credit to Murray... he learned from the past and played an excellent game. It was obvious that Federer was not himself today and made a lot of uncharacteristic errors. The toll from that marathon on Friday is also clear.

Federer played a poor game, unfortunately it came in the Gold Medal Final.

#1633 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Raonic looked good in his match against Troicki (6-3 6-4) today at the Rogers Cup. Monstrous serves (of course) but also some great net front volleys and a few nice passing shots as well. His unforced errors must be brought down in order for him to crack the top 10
Posted Image

#1634 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

And Murray has pulled out of his R3 match against Raonic. This is a great oppurtunity for Rainic now as he is in the QF and the draw on his side has been blown wide open.

#1635 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

If I see one more person say anywhere (yes I know nobody here did) that Federer lost on purpose I'm going to flip.

He lost on purpose. :)

#1636 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hopefully Milos can win the Rogers Cup!
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#1637 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hopefully Milos can win the Rogers Cup!

that would be fantastic. he'll still have to beat Djok or del Potro though I'd expect.

Wozniack beat Jankovic today in front of a packed house in Montreal. Great to see Canadians excelling in so many sports!

Tough year for the Rogers Cup. Being right after the Olympics, a lot of big names have dropped out.
Posted Image

#1638 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

that would be fantastic. he'll still have to beat Djok or del Potro though I'd expect.

Wozniack beat Jankovic today in front of a packed house in Montreal. Great to see Canadians excelling in so many sports!

Tough year for the Rogers Cup. Being right after the Olympics, a lot of big names have dropped out.

Delpo lost in the 2nd round to Radek Stepanek.

#1639 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

I want to see Isner vs Raonic in the 3rd round.

Two big men with massive serves.

33o3bjm.png

#1640 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Delpo lost in the 2nd round to Radek Stepanek.

Oh my. Fatigue definitely a factor amongst the players who are playing I guess.
Posted Image

#1641 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

I want to see Isner vs Raonic in the 3rd round.

Two big men with massive serves.

That would be quarter-final, good sir. But I have to agree with you. It would be the two best servers in the game.

#1642 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

Raonic vs Isner would be a sick matchup! Sure hope it happens!
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#1643 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Raonic vs Isner on Centre Court under the lights. Very excited for this match.

#1644 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Well so much for that :rolleyes:
Too bad. This was Raonic's best chance to make a legit run at the Rogers Cup.
Posted Image

#1645 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Raonic just unravelled against Isner. Once he got up a break in the 1st, he started spraying the ball all over the place. He couldn't be very happy with the way it went. A wasted opportunity. On the bright side he picked up 180 points and should move up to around 18th. On to Cincinnati.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#1646 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

^ yeah that's exactly his problem. makes it hard to cheer for him. his ball placement is all over the place and he really isn't able to control the unforced errors

Djokovic looks a bit tired and his form isn't nearly as good as it was last season. It would have been amazing to get a Raonic vs Djokovic final because I really think Milos could have challenged for that title pretty hard. Sadly not to be.

Wozniack also out. Beaten by Wozniacki (there should have been a drinking game for the amount of times the commentators said the wrong name!) but she put up a great fight. She has great potential
Posted Image

#1647 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

Well, just finished watching Raonic Vs Berdych. And that was definitely a return to form for Milos. A much more confident player tonight and it just shows that when he plays to his ability he can be a challenge for anybody. Very impressive win. He gets Wawrinka tomorrow in the Quarter Final and they say he is in fine form as well. One of them get Federer or Fish in the Semis.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#1648 LuonGO Canucks Go

LuonGO Canucks Go

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

So US open draw is out . MIlos - Murry 4th round maybe. and who wins the title? iI say Roger.

#1649 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,040 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Raonic was so disappointing in Cincinnati. Had a one set lead against Wawrinka and Wawrinka's serve % was brutal. Most of the points were being played off of his 2nd serve which is very weak and Raonic couldn't break once in the 2nd or 3rd sets. Unforced error after unforced error and before you knew it, he was out of the tournament. Easily a match he could have won.

I'm really hoping Djokovic wins the US Open. Goodness knows he's due. But he is not nearly the player he was last year. He's lucky Rafa has been injured so much or else he'd have lost his #2 ranking by now.
Posted Image

#1650 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Very good draw for Milos. Being ranked in the top 16 pays dividends. Worst case scenario if he goes all the way
1st Giraldo
2nd Mathieu
3rd Granollers
4th Murray
QF Tsonga
SF Federer
Final Djokovic

Edited by Donky, 27 August 2012 - 09:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.