The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Last night just proved my point that, Raonic won't be a top 10 player unless he works on his rallies and footwork. Raonic's serve can only take him so far that once a player breaks his service game, he's pretty much in trouble.

• Upvote 1

Last night just proved my point that, Raonic won't be a top 10 player unless he works on his rallies and footwork. Raonic's serve can only take him so far that once a player breaks his service game, he's pretty much in trouble.

Agreed

His tall frame can either be used to his benefit or his detriment depending on how he structures his game.

But he has to cut out a lot of unforced errors. Right now he's at the point where if he's broken on serve he's pretty much done. Doesn't have the consistency and movement to be able to break back.

That being said, I have to give a lot of credit to Hewitt, when I found out Raonic was going to play Hewitt. I thought Raonic would destroy him with his serve. That was probably Hewitt's best tennis in 3-5 years.

Edited by shiznak

Agreed

His tall frame can either be used to his benefit or his detriment depending on how he structures his game.

But he has to cut out a lot of unforced errors. Right now he's at the point where if he's broken on serve he's pretty much done. Doesn't have the consistency and movement to be able to break back.

Actually, when Hewitt broke him, Raonic broke right back in commanding fashion. Not to mention Raonic fought off two match points in long rallies. Though I agree with his unforced errors, too many of those.

Just remember, this is only Raonic's second year on the tour. He has actually played 1 year, as this is the beginning of the second year. Not to mention he only played HALF the first year, and still gets up to the 25th rank. Saying he won't be a top 10 player, is a little uneducated. It wouldn't surprise me if he is top 10 by the end of the major season.

Edited by Roger Federer

Actually, when Hewitt broke him, Raonic broke right back in commanding fashion. Not to mention Raonic fought off two match points in long rallies. Though I agree with his unforced errors, too many of those.

Just remember, this is only Raonic's second year on the tour. He has actually played 1 year, as this is the beginning of the second year. Not to mention he only played HALF the first year, and still gets up to the 25th rank. Saying he won't be a top 10 player, is a little uneducated. It wouldn't surprise me if he is top 10 by the end of the major season.

Strong claim. I wouldn't be surprised if he ISN'T top 10 by the end of the season either. He either needs to bump up his first serve % or become a smarter baseliner.

Well the top 5 spots are pretty much a lock with Joker, Nadal, Federer, Murray and Ferrer.

6-10: You could see various players like Tsonga, Soderling, Del Portro, Fish, Berdych, Tipsaravic, Monfils, Dolgopolov, Roddick (if healthy), and Simon.

Then there's guys who I think play a better all around game then how Raonic plays . Tomic, Lopez, Verdasco, Wavrinka, Gasquet, Karlovic, just to name a few.

Ya good point

I don't know about top 10. I look at the versatility of players like Tsonga, Del Potro, Dolgopolov, Monfils, etc. and I think it'll be hard for Raonic to beat them. But then again maybe he'll start to get on a roll and play more consistently and that might help him reach his full potential.

If he goes on a run it'd do wonders for tennis in Canada

Clijsters is on to the semi finals!

Wozniacki battled back from 5-2 down in the 2nd set to force a tiebreak but Clijsters his some fantastic shots and prevailed in straight sets. Love her style of play and her character too.

And with that loss Wozniacki will lose her #1 ranking.

IMO it's a good thing though. No one felt she deserved it in the first place. Now she can focus on her game and not have to defend herself against that ranking anymore

Clijsters is on to the semi finals!

Wozniacki battled back from 5-2 down in the 2nd set to force a tiebreak but Clijsters his some fantastic shots and prevailed in straight sets. Love her style of play and her character too.

And with that loss Wozniacki will lose her #1 ranking.

IMO it's a good thing though. No one felt she deserved it in the first place. Now she can focus on her game and not have to defend herself against that ranking anymore

And that sucks for Wozniacki, because she really does deserve the rank, because she does play all the tourneys and accumulates the points. The only bad part that people ragged on Wozniacki for, was because she hasn't won a Grand Slam, which isn't fair IMO.