The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

A note on Federer, if you watched his game against Del Potro at the Aussie Open, you know Federer still has it (that game had all of the typical Federer qualities in it, great serving, inch-perfect groundstrokes and an authority that he exudes when on form)

that disappeared in the final thus i think its just a mental thing with Nadal, whose so resilient, he must put Fed off somehow

In my opinion, Federer has a good shot at Wimbledon this year and then maybe the US Open after that

he should forget about Roland Garros as Nadal has that pretty much sewn up.

I think he'll get the record

A note on Federer, if you watched his game against Del Potro at the Aussie Open, you know Federer still has it (that game had all of the typical Federer qualities in it, great serving, inch-perfect groundstrokes and an authority that he exudes when on form)

that disappeared in the final thus i think its just a mental thing with Nadal, whose so resilient, he must put Fed off somehow

In my opinion, Federer has a good shot at Wimbledon this year and then maybe the US Open after that

he should forget about Roland Garros as Nadal has that pretty much sewn up.

I think he'll get the record

Part of the problem against Nadal seems to be Federer's unwillingness to "win ugly", he has a stubborn desire to try the pretty shot rather than the effective one, at the Aussie, he was winning a lot of drop shots in the 4th set, I don't recall him even trying one in the 5th.

Well, there goes the dream matchup guys.

Murray wins against Federer and Nadal wins against Roddick.

Both matches had their moments but that definitely wasn't the outcome I was hoping for, sadly...

Better luck next time I suppose. Damn, Federer seems so streaky these days.

Nadal wins over Murray in 2 sets with relative ease.

The wind was pretty crazy today, 50km/hour I think, if I understood the French right. (I was watching on RDS.)

Murray was really frustrated out there, even let out an f-bomb...

Sony Ericsson Open in Miami will be aired on TSN this week. Still early-round play, but they're currently airing a match between Murray and Monaco.

45 shot rally just now. Intense! Monaco leads 2-1 in the first set.

Into quarterfinals now.

Federer beat Roddick and there's a damn good match going on right now between Del Potro and Nadal... Who is currently winning by the first set. However, it looks like Nadal will take the 2nd.

Djokovic also beat Tsonga so he's onto the semis as well.

Djokovic vs Federer live on TSN now

edit: Not very good tennis from either player, but the conditions are windy. Federer takes the first set 6-3

edit: 6-2 for Djokovic in the 2nd!

Edited by Killa

• 2 weeks later...
Master's Tour in Monte Carlo being aired now on TSN...

And Roger Federer has been eliminated already.

WTTTTFFFF

I can't even watch anything other than Federer matches. With him no longer being the top tennis player, the interest has gone down 10 fold.

Screw tennis now, wait for the next big player :lol:

^

Isn't he Swiss too? AGH!

I can't even watch anything other than Federer matches. With him no longer being the top tennis player, the interest has gone down 10 fold.

Screw tennis now, wait for the next big player :lol:

The next big player is Nadal. Er, he IS the big player. Why do you need a next one?

Actually, when Federer is stinking it up, I find he is the hardest tennis player to watch. And, I think tennis has become a lot more competitive than it was.