The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Had a mini-heart attack after Pospisil took the second set. Don't know if anyone else watches outside the slams? I think I was one of few Canadians rooting for RF that game. Federer's footwork looked much better that game.

So impressive that Pospisil took a set off of Fed. What a season for him. So much to look forward to for Canadian tennis next season.

So impressive that Pospisil took a set off of Fed. What a season for him. So much to look forward to for Canadian tennis next season.

Pospisil's ranked 32nd now and he plays the 31st ranked player in the first round in Paris. Great opportunity to get his rank as high as possible before Australia next year.

• 2 months later...

Federer all the way. I dont understnad the people saying he seems pretentious or cocky. For me is one of the most humble down to earth guys who plays the game. Such a great ambassador for the sport. Guys like Nadal sometimes come off as cocky for me, but I dont hold it against them too much, since they are really good too haha :P

EDIT: Sorry didnt realize the OP was from so long ago, thought it was a new one ;)

Edited by pianoman13

Bringing this thread back to life as the Australian Open is upcoming in just over a week. Who else is excited? I'm looking forward to seeing what Raonic can really do this year, and hopefully will see D-jo bounce back and retake that #1 ranking.

This season is going to be huge for Canadian tennis. Milos, Vasek, and Genie all will be counted upon to have big gains.

I hope Djok can have a better year. Didn't win too many Masters 1000's and only 1 Slam.

On the women's side, hope Serena continues to roll. Also hoping for a big year from Genie, and continued success for Li Na. I've always liked her

Depending on the draw, I think Raonic should make his first quarters of a GS.

I'm worried about Pospisil and his injury status. Apparently, even in Chennai a week ago, Pospisil's ankle was taped up, Could be a lingering issue from the semis of the Davis Cup. Plus, he had to retire in his quarterfinal in chennai, and he withdrew from Sydney because of lower back strain.

Unreal. 21 straight years where he has won at least one title. Just an amazing player

I wonder if he has time to go home and unload those trophies. lol

Davis Cup in Japan is right after the Australian open, assuming he goes all the way.

Congrats to Vasek and Bouchard on winning the first round.

^ I'm happy for him that he finally has a good Team Canada to play on. One that can challenge the best nations and actually win matches.

So after 2 days there have been numerous fainting spells from both players and ball kids, vomiting, medical timeouts, heatstroke, etc. suffered due to the heat.

I personally think it's inhumane to make players compete in such harsh conditions. Thoughts on this?

Scorching temperatures here today, and expected tomorrow. 40+ Celsius and close to 110 Fahrenheit for the 4th day tomorrow. Then cooler. Play stopped on outside courts. There will be lots of heat affected results.