The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Just now, WHL rocks said:

No one said it was.  Doesn't mean she hasn't been a great champ and can't be complimented. She's the greatest of all time.   

Bianca said it herself several times during post match interview. 

Don't. Really. Care.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

You get 2000 points for winning a Grand Slam, 1200 points for runner up.

This is what they were at the start of the US Open .....

I'd imagine this puts her maybe as high as 5th.

bianca.jpg

and would Osaka lose points after this?  As her 2000 points from last year expire.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Serena must have a lot of respect for Bianca to say that if she was to lose it’s to Venus first and then Bianca.  Bianca is clearly a fabulous player, but she must be a really nice (and respectful) person too.  

Oh yah.  If you play/watch tennis you know everyone loves Bianca.  She's a great person  super nice and respectful. 

No one wants to lose to a jerk. So Serena recognized that.   Good for her to do that.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

I like how she plugs her ears and wears headphones ...noise pollution can drain your energy mentally and physically. Ever take a long road trip? Use ear plugs...they keep you alert longer and lessens the road noise. It really helps.

Totally helps tune out distractions in order to stay focused.   She seems to take every single element of this seriously.  I believe it's true when she says she's worked hard...I think it starts long before she hits the court.

Has the same sort of drive and determination as Petey...never satisfied and always working toward being better.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

and would Osaka lose points after this?  As her 2000 points from last year expire.

Less whatever she gained in this tournament. Obviously it's a smaller number from her tournament this year.

That's why Osaka is now 4th ranked, no longer #1.

Edited by nuckin_futz

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Totally helps tune out distractions in order to stay focused.   She seems to take every single element of this seriously.  I believe it's true when she says she's worked hard...I think it starts long before she hits the court.

Has the same sort of drive and determination as Petey...never satisfied and always working toward being better.

For sure, Deb...and we all know how much mental strength comes into play in order to win in any professional sport.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

For sure, Deb...and we all know how much mental strength comes into play in order to win in any professional sport.

She just spoke on that too...said the mental edge separates the best from the rest.  Was referring to Serena in that....but hey, she just beat her so.  :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

being the BEST....

• Like 1