The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Milos basically steamrolled his opponent yesterday. A Chilean named Garin. (Never heard of him, but apparently his seeding was pretty close to Milos')

As easy a win as it was, I'm not really sold. Lots of unforced errors for Raonic and the win was as much about how poorly Garin played, as it was how well Milos played. Hopefully he can build off this and improve. I'm thinking he'll have to if he wants to beat Tsitspas.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Milos basically steamrolled his opponent yesterday. A Chilean named Garin. (Never heard of him, but apparently his seeding was pretty close to Milos')

As easy a win as it was, I'm not really sold. Lots of unforced errors for Raonic and the win was as much about how poorly Garin played, as it was how well Milos played. Hopefully he can build off this and improve. I'm thinking he'll have to if he wants to beat Tsitspas.

Sounds like he built :gocan:

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Shizzy was right, even though it's not  much of a surprise against joker.

Still, a good showing for Milos. Most important is that he seemed healthy throughout the tournament.

He probably would’ve had a better chance against Nadal, and most definitely against Fed.

But yeah, at least he looks healthy.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Always been a fan of Joker, but this is disappointing:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2887535-novak-djokovic-opposed-to-vaccination-conflicted-if-forced-for-covid-19?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Tennis star Novak Djokovic spoke out against vaccination Sunday and said he would not want to be "forced" to take a vaccine to travel amid the COVID-19 pandemic.  

"Personally, I am opposed to vaccination, and I wouldn't want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel," Djokovic said in a live Facebook chat. "But if it becomes compulsory, what will happen? I will have to make a decision. I have my own thoughts about the matter, and whether those thoughts will change at some point, I don't know.

"Hypothetically, if the season was to resume in July, August or September, though unlikely, I understand that a vaccine will become a requirement straight after we are out of strict quarantine, and there is no vaccine yet."

A vaccine for COVID-19 is believed to be at least a year away from being made widely available. Several are currently in the testing stage. 

Djokovic did not delve into his reasoning for being against vaccination. There is no medical reason why vaccines would be considered unsafe. 

Wimbledon already announced its cancellation, and the French Open has been pushed back to a September start due to the pandemic. It's unclear when either the ATP or WTA would resume. Many tournaments require international travel, which has been heavily restricted as more than 2.3 million people have been diagnosed with the virus.

All scheduled tournaments have been postponed or canceled until at least July 13. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...