The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

yup...that's too bad, being a roddick and federer fan, i saw murray as the only one who stood a chance of tkaing nadal out before the finals..

Tsonga's got a legitimate shot at taking out Nadal, he's done it before. With that said, I'd rather see Roddick and Federer out before the finals

Yeah he did, 3 set win. I couldn't stay up to watch it though.

Djokovic/Roddick should be on around 8pm tonight, and Federer/Del Potro at 2-2:30 (depending on when Dokic/Safina end). Too bad Federer's match is so late, it should be a really good one

Yeah he did, 3 set win. I couldn't stay up to watch it though.

Djokovic/Roddick should be on around 8pm tonight, and Federer/Del Potro at 2-2:30 (depending on when Dokic/Safina end). Too bad Federer's match is so late, it should be a really good one

I plan on watching Federer...I'll keep you posted (if I don't fall asleep again!).

I plan on watching Federer...I'll keep you posted (if I don't fall asleep again!).

I took a 3 hour nap after school so my internal clock should be screwed up enough that I can watch this.

I'm surprised Murray lost. I wish I watched that match now, sounds hella competitive.

I watched the first set of Tsonga/Blake's match last night, then decided to call it a night.

Djokovic/Roddick coming up at 8

Order of play for tomorrow released:

4pm start:

Suarez Navarro/Dementieva

Kuznetsova/S. Williams

Verdasco/Tsonga

12:30 am start:

Nadal/Simon

Centrecourt shouldn't be affected, but the scheduling this week is going to get very haphazard given the weather and outside courts being unplayable in the afternoons.

Centrecourt shouldn't be affected, but the scheduling this week is going to get very haphazard given the weather and outside courts being unplayable in the afternoons.

50+ degrees on centre court right now, insane

Edited by Killa

It says 58 degrees Celsius... My God it's amazing that people can even play tennis in that heat, let alone WATCH it, just sitting there getting roasted...

Djokovic is in trouble. The weather's getting to him, and Roddick's taking control... Sets are tied, but Roddick leads the 3rd set 4-2...

It says 58 degrees Celsius... My God it's amazing that people can even play tennis in that heat, let alone WATCH it, just sitting there getting roasted...

Djokovic is in trouble. The weather's getting to him, and Roddick's taking control... Sets are tied, but Roddick leads the 3rd set 4-2...

I'm really curious about their "extreme heat" policy.. At what point does it come in play? 58 degrees, and they still don't close the roof

^

I think they closed it for one of the Women's matches, but yeah, I wonder at what point they decide to close it. It might be up to the umpire person, I heard he/she can decide to even hold off the match if it gets too extreme...

I can't recall her name, but the girl playing against Serena Williams earlier today (yesterday?) had to withdraw because she was sick, and that paired with the heat was just too much for her to take... It's too bad.

Anyways I think Imma take a nap so I can watch Feds and Del Potro play.

That's it, Djokovic retired at 2-1 down in the 4th set.

They can close the roof at the end of a set, and hold off the match if it's dangerous. And yeah, it's up to the tournament referee (is that the chair umpire?). Azarenka was just hard to watch, she looked so sick out there

That's it, Djokovic retired at 2-1 down in the 4th set.

They can close the roof at the end of a set, and hold off the match if it's dangerous. And yeah, it's up to the tournament referee (is that the chair umpire?). Azarenka was just hard to watch, she looked so sick out there

It's really too bad... It started off being such a close match and everything too.

God damn it, the Dokic match was taking too long and I couldn't stay awake for the Federer match... But he won, 6-3, 6-0, 6-0. Looks like it was a cakewalk.