The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

if you look on HF Boards, Suave was projected to be the best defenceman ahead of doughty in last years draft. of course, this was 2 years before he was taken by us.

Yeah, I think it was mentioned that his development was not as good as the expectation. He was initially projected to have Phaneuf's impact.

Yeah, I think it was mentioned that his development was not as good as the expectation. He was initially projected to have Phaneuf's impact.

Right down to his decision making.

I would say there's still hope, but I just don't see it happening anywhere nearly as fast as Dion. I'll go out and say one more year in Junior, a couple years in the AHL and then work his way into a 4-5 spot in Vancouver by the age of 22/23.

Yann Sauve is snubbed by Hockeysfuture, again!

In their recent article documenting the top 20 prospects drafted and non drafted in the QMJHL, he was left of the list.

I know he has fallen in a few eyes, but some of the guys on that list are a joke,

Sauve wasnt even mentioned in the honourable mention.

HOckeysfuture's writers are becoming less credible IMO.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1102..._and_undrafted/

Yann Sauve is snubbed by Hockeysfuture, again!

In their recent article documenting the top 20 prospects drafted and non drafted in the QMJHL, he was left of the list.

I know he has fallen in a few eyes, but some of the guys on that list are a joke,

Sauve wasnt even mentioned in the honourable mention.

HOckeysfuture's writers are becoming less credible IMO.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1102..._and_undrafted/

Most of those people are showing more potential than Sauve. The only possible questionable ones are Deschamps and Byron. Especially Byron. But Sauve hasn't exactly been blowing people away.

Most of those people are showing more potential than Sauve. The only possible questionable ones are Deschamps and Byron. Especially Byron. But Sauve hasn't exactly been blowing people away.

And when you've got Didomenico, McMillan and Esposito taking up 15-18, it's not a bad list to be excluded from.

And when you've got Didomenico, McMillan and Esposito taking up 15-18, it's not a bad list to be excluded from.

I think McMillan is a highly overrated prospect, 9 goals in 40+ doesnt shout top prospect to me, and I dont see #14 Marco Scandella a player with 6 more points being that far above Yann.

I think McMillan is a highly overrated prospect, 9 goals in 40+ doesnt shout top prospect to me, and I dont see #14 Marco Scandella a player with 6 more points being that far above Yann.

Scandella has also played 3 less games.

But holy crap, he's -19. F*ck Scandella.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sea Dogs were eliminated from the playoffs on Wednesday night after being swept by the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. My question is, IF the Moose wanted Sauve for the AHL playoffs would he be eligable cuz his team was eliminated? Or would he have to wait until next year and finish his 19-yr-old season?

On another note, I won Yann Sauve's game worn jersey from the 2007-2008 season and he signed it for me :D Maybe about 10 years down the road it'll be worth something lol

The Sea Dogs were eliminated from the playoffs on Wednesday night after being swept by the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. My question is, IF the Moose wanted Sauve for the AHL playoffs would he be eligable cuz his team was eliminated? Or would he have to wait until next year and finish his 19-yr-old season?

On another note, I won Yann Sauve's game worn jersey from the 2007-2008 season and he signed it for me :D Maybe about 10 years down the road it'll be worth something lol

Color me jealous.

I think Sauve may be able to play for the Moose since his team was eliminated. I think Bourdon did that too? (I'm not quite sure).

I believe Bourdon did as well. I have had this conversation with a couple other Sea Dogs' fans who all said they were sure Luc did, but no one had a for sure answer lol. I also have a couple pictures of me and Yann from various Sea Dogs Season Ticket Holder events...if anyone ever wants stuff signed, I may be able to deliver lol!!

I'll be sure to msg you :P

I think we can trade Pyatt now. Sauve can take over the pretty eyes. :wub:

I believe Bourdon did as well. I have had this conversation with a couple other Sea Dogs' fans who all said they were sure Luc did, but no one had a for sure answer lol. I also have a couple pictures of me and Yann from various Sea Dogs Season Ticket Holder events...if anyone ever wants stuff signed, I may be able to deliver lol!!

Archived