Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hodgson 91

Yann Sauve Talk

799 posts in this topic

I don't get one thing how he wasn't able to rack up the points last year.

I mean everytime he played in the preseason he looked big and made some great plays, he also got most shots through.

Bad coach

was named 2nd star of the game last night after a 1 goal and 2 assist performance, and today named QMJHL's defensive player of the week

was named 2nd star of the game last night after a 1 goal and 2 assist performance, and today named QMJHL's defensive player of the week

It's great to hear he is doing bettrer than last year.

I'm wondering what are the plans for him for next year. I'm assuming he's not gonna make the Canucks roster, the logjam of defencemen on the Moose..... so they will send him to the ECHL or just leave him in the QMJHL and let him dominate?

It depends. Some of the guys on the Moose this year might not be back next season.

Salcido is on loan from the Ducks.

Waugh and Petruic are both signed to Moose contract (I think).

Sauve + other players under contract with the Canucks = 7.

a little article about sauve's award:

YANN SAUVÉ WINS LEAGUE AWARD

The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced on Monday that Saint John Sea Dogs Alternate Captain Yann Sauvé has been named TELUS Defensive Player of the Week for the period extending from October 19 - 25.

The league also announced today that Charles-Olivier Roussel of the Shawinigan Cataractes has been named the TELUS Offensive Player of the Week.

In three games played this past week, all Saint John victories, Sauvé registered 1G-4A-5P to go along with a +8 rating and ten hits. The 19-year old Vancouver Canucks prospect currently leads all Sea Dogs defensemen with a +12 rating this season.

Yann_0910.jpg

Saint John goaltender Marc-Antoine Gélinas was also given consideration for TELUS Defensive Player of the Week honours after going 2-0 with a 1.00 G.A.A. in two road games versus Acadie-Bathurst and Halifax last week.

Currently residing in First Place in the Atlantic Division, the Sea Dogs (13-4-1-0) are tied with the Drummondville Voltigeurs (27 pts.) for #1 overall in the QMJHL. The 71 goals scored by Saint John this season is the highest total in the entire league.

The Sea Dogs will depart south western New Brunswick later this week to partake in a three-game road trip through the province of Quebec. Saint John’s next home game is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, November 4 at 7:00pm versus the Halifax Mooseheads.

http://www.saintjohnseadogs.com/cms/index....56&Itemid=1

I would expect him on the Moose next year

Moose D next Season

Sauve - Ellington

Mciver - O'Berg

Funk - Baumgartner(under contract for next season already)

Imo a decent crop of D, that can be called up at ANY TIME for any role.

I don't get one thing how he wasn't able to rack up the points last year.

I mean everytime he played in the preseason he looked big and made some great plays, he also got most shots through.

I know !!! Sauve was playing in top 4 minuites deep into the preseason. If we weren't knee deep in defense men already, I think he might have made the team.

He looked fast enough and mature beyond his years.

Great to see him coming along. We won't be re-signing mitchell after this year so that frees up a spot, or if he's not ready, we'll sign a UFA dman in the meantime before suave and oberg step in.

Great to see him coming along. We won't be re-signing mitchell after this year so that frees up a spot, or if he's not ready, we'll sign a UFA dman in the meantime before suave and oberg step in.

Can't say that about Mitchell like it's a fact.

Sauve will probably take around 1-2 more years after this season.

You have to remember he's a 19 year old playing against others who aren't as physically mature.

Sauve will probably take around 1-2 more years after this season.

You have to remember he's a 19 year old playing against others who aren't as physically mature.

AHL bound

Hes gonna play at about 225?

Ellington is basically a bust since he is playing in the ECHL. Sauve takes top spot for our top defense prospect.

good article on the canucks main page about Sauve. He's on a 6-game point streak and was named first star in last nights 3-1 win in Chicoutimi...hope he keeps it up! The new coaching has really seemed to help

Im tellin you guys, Sauve is the real deal and is going to be a BEAST.

I hope Sauve's early season success draws the attention of Team Canada brass. I'd love to see him on the WJHC team.

I've read most of the threads dealing with the prospects camp and they don't really mention Sauve much. Check them out by looking at the main page of CDC or using the search button.

Don't mind Tyrenkidu, he didn't take his meds today.

This guy has a history of dumbness:

I have been a fan since the very first day they played in the NHL...I cringe when they lose , I am angry and frustrated with ANY loss at ANY time , I am somewhat happier when they win , but so what..... even if they went 82-0-0 it wouldnt mean anything without a cup , and as well all know , One cup is NEVER enough!!!!! I am NEVER SATISFIED with the team , and I have an opinion about EVERYTHING related to the team ...I think I am a Fan , dont much care what anyone else may say

(on clouts) You are 100% WRONG!!!! He was a fantastic regular season goalie with an average D in front of him , he was a playoff choker though and the idea of him as a back up isnt as horrible an idea as you think....remember Lui's last playoff game ? I want Lui healthy and hungry come playoff time, Clouts would have been a good choice if he has any game left,but Im sure Rayco will be just fine...his preseason was very good.

This was BEFORE Daniel broke his foot though...wouldnt be as good a dancer now

img-resized.png Reduced 78%post-36579-1254424004_thumb.jpg 450 x 436 (29.12K)//......So much talk about cookies..............

Took me forever to read that and for the most part somewhat accurate...Bure was screwed around massively by the management of the time he could have easily been a 50+ goal scorers for better then 7 or 8 years for them DONT always blame the player ...tell me when your boss treats you unfairly and like a dik DO YOU PUT your best effort into your job??? if you just said yes you work at mcdonalds or are a wall mart greeter....

Your completely wrong I am sorry to say , I plan the Parade EVERY year since 1970....just be cause it hasnt happened yet doesnt mean it isnt ever going to , this year looks to me to be the strongest Canucks ever iced in its entire club history and for that reason alone you can almost , almost predict a Canfrence finals appearance...but if we avoid injuries and we gane 2 points as oposed to 1 1/2 points then I see no reason we shouldnt start planning LAST week !!

This is only some of them!

Ellington is basically a bust since he is playing in the ECHL. Sauve takes top spot for our top defense prospect.

So did Burrows. :rolleyes:

But Sauve does seem to be the best blueliner prospect in Vancouver's system.