The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

Ellington is basically a bust since he is playing in the ECHL. Sauve takes top spot for our top defense prospect.

:huh:

Uh... no... Ellington being on the ECHL in his first pro season does not make him a bust.

He's basically the only d-man on Victoria with a '+' rating and he's got a goal and an assist, 2 points in 6 games which is decent for a defensive d-man, +3 rating.

I think Sauve is our best overall defensive prospect. Behind him I would have to go with Connauton and then Ellington. Connauton has sick skills but is apparently atrocious defensively.

I would have to say Oberg falls 2nd. Oberg is good at both ends of the rink with more offensive upside than Ellington.

I think Sauve is our best overall defensive prospect. Behind him I would have to go with Connauton and then Ellington. Connauton has sick skills but is apparently atrocious defensively.

A few years under Don Hay, whom I've heard nothing but good things about, should do him well in that regard.

1. Sauve

2. Oberg

3. Connauton (getting much better defensively this year while remaining quite offensive. its a very pleasant surprise to say the lest.

4. Ellington

Connauton is EASILY the worst defensive player the Giants have in their D core. His positioning is terrible and hes very soft. He has alot of offensive ability but its going to take ALOT of development to turn him into an NHL Dman. Don't expect to hear any real rumblings of him make the Nucks till hes atleast 22.

Sauve

Oberg

Ellington

Connauton

And in terms of NHL readiness.

Oberg

Ellington

Sauve

Connauton

You guys gotta remember this is Sauve's 19yr old season, if he wasnt dominating there would be a HUUGE problem. Sauve is another project but not nearly as much as Connauton. If all goes well for Sauve 1-2yrs in the AHL and he should be a full time NHL player.

Sauve could very possibly make the team next year.

Really?

Who's spot is he going to take?

Let's assume that Willie re-signs (which I think he will).

Is Sauve going to take a spot from Willie, Bieksa, Edler, Salo, Erhoff or O'Brien?

Maybe SOB. Maybe.

More than likely Sauve will go to the Moose and play a couple of seasons there.

Really?

Who's spot is he going to take?

Let's assume that Willie re-signs (which I think he will).

Is Sauve going to take a spot from Willie, Bieksa, Edler, Salo, Erhoff or O'Brien?

Maybe SOB. Maybe.

More than likely Sauve will go to the Moose and play a couple of seasons there.

O'Brien only signed for one year, but he will be an RFA. The 6th D spot is where I would see Sauve fitting, but of course only if he outplays the others, no need to rush him.

It would be nice to have a decent D-man to call up without him having to clear waivers.

O'Brien only signed for one year, but he will be an RFA. The 6th D spot is where I would see Sauve fitting, but of course only if he outplays the others, no need to rush him.

It would be nice to have a decent D-man to call up without him having to clear waivers.

The waivers thing is the most likely reason he would be on the moose, even if he matched/slightly outplayed SOB. Basically because he'd be called up fairly quickly once salo gets injured (inevitable).

Archived