The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

One day our top six could look a bit like this...

Edler Ehrhoff

Sauve Ellington

O'berg Andersson

Connaughton

Speed, size, skill, and Luongo to cover for them.

Damn if only Luc was still here, that would be an awesome home grown top 6 assuming everyone reaches their potential.

One might argue that without that old coach we may have never grabbed Anthony since if he played this well last year there was no way he would have fell down where he did.

I thought it was issues with his work ethic as well as not having the proper attitude that led to him falling to the seventh round?

That would be a pretty solid D-core right there; counting Luc it would be a sick group of homegrown talent on the blueline. There's a lot of puck-moving D-men in that group and only one true shut-down D though (Ellington). Maybe include one more, like Nathan McIver in there? You need more than just one defensive D-man, that's for sure. Oh and don't forget Jeremy Price too!

I thought it was issues with his work ethic as well as not having the proper attitude that led to him falling to the seventh round?

It wasn't work ethic. Anthony wasn't utilized properly, which is a major issue for a forward. From what I've read, Anthony was mostly used on the 3rd line as a checking forward when he's an offensively talented player. The system the old coach may have also had an impact on Anthony's game last year.

That would be a pretty solid D-core right there; counting Luc it would be a sick group of homegrown talent on the blueline. There's a lot of puck-moving D-men in that group and only one true shut-down D though (Ellington). Maybe include one more, like Nathan McIver in there? You need more than just one defensive D-man, that's for sure. Oh and don't forget Jeremy Price too!

I think both Luc and Sauve can play shutdown roles if asked to. Luc was a great shutdown dman in junior for awhile and Sauve's biggest asset is actually his size.

I don't think Sauve will score as many points as most of the D man in that group, but a more reliable one.

I would love to see Price pan out, although him being in college means that we get next no coverage on him from our fellow posters making it hard to judge his upside at this point.

I think both Luc and Sauve can play shutdown roles if asked to. Luc was a great shutdown dman in junior for awhile and Sauve's biggest asset is actually his size.

I don't think Sauve will score as many points as most of the D man in that group, but a more reliable one.

I would love to see Price pan out, although him being in college means that we get next no coverage on him from our fellow posters making it hard to judge his upside at this point.

If only Luc Bourdon was still here... sad.gif

I can see Sauve being more of an effective two-way defenceman one day, much like Ohlund used to be for the Canucks, able to shut the other team down as well as chipping in some offence here and there.

If only Luc Bourdon was still here... sad.gif

I can see Sauve being more of an effective two-way defenceman one day, much like Ohlund used to be for the Canucks, able to shut the other team down as well as chipping in some offence here and there.

Yea I think our system desperately needs a steady two-way defenseman like that. Our current top 6 is great on paper but I think our blueline this year do miss Ohlund's steady prescence sometimes. If Sauve could turn into anything close to Ohlund in his prime I would be estatic, a guy who could eat up 20+ mins of ice time, hits a ton and block lots of shots while contributing 30+ points.

14 pts and a +19 through 20 games. Not too shabby, still defenitly a project player. But a project with alot of upside, a few years in the AHL and we should have ourselves a nice big dman who can skate.

you DO know he's a defenseman right? He's not a project player by any stretch of the imagination, he's a legitimate prospect. A project player is someone you need to invest a LOT of time and work into before they stand a chance at making the NHL (think Patrick White), Sauve will be ready potentially next year, or after a season on the moose. that is not a project player.

you DO know he's a defenseman right? He's not a project player by any stretch of the imagination, he's a legitimate prospect. A project player is someone you need to invest a LOT of time and work into before they stand a chance at making the NHL (think Patrick White), Sauve will be ready potentially next year, or after a season on the moose. that is not a project player.

If you knew anything about Yann Sauve you would know he was at 1 time projected to go in the 1strd and was expected to have alot more offensive upside. He's been a disappointment in terms of a junior player when compared to what he was projected to be. He's no where close to being an NHL player, he has a big problem thinking the game and turns the puck over all the time. His problems are problems that are magnafied at the pro level, hes going to have a huge adjustment period.

This is his 4th year of junior, if he wasnt one of the best players on the ice every single game he would be a complete flop. Hes a year older and has no more pts than Despres who doesnt have much offensive upside. He has alot of natural ability, hes big, and he can skate. Thats why he was a 2nd rd pick, but don't be fooled Sauve is a project and hes no gurantee to ever be an impact player in the NHL. He wasnt even of the WJC radar going into this season which is a big red flag at his age and his draft position. Hopefully with his improved play and numbers this year he will make the team, but hes no shoe in.

Sauve just setup the 4-2 go ahead goal with a good heads-up pass at the end of a penalty kill to the man coming out of the box.

He also just got another assist on the 5-2 go ahead goal.

Sauve is a good hockey player AND I get lost in his eyes... I am a guy but his eye's are magical!

I am not homosexual, just stating the truth.

Sauve was selected to play in the Canada-Russia Subway Super Series (formerly known as the ADT Canada-Russia Challenge). The first game is this Monday at 4:00PM on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific if anyones interested. The second game will be on Wednesday, same time, same channel.

Game 1: Monday, 4:00PM, Rogers Sportsnet Pacific

Game 2: Wednesday, 4:00PM, Rogers Sportsnet Pacific

Archived