The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

I'd like to congratulate Sauve on a great season and would like to welcome him to the moose for next year. It's going to be nice to see Sauve and Connauton helping out the Moose cause next year, and the Canucks shortly thereafter (if all things go as planned).

Watching highlights from the game last night, Yann looked average at best from what I could see...anybody get to watch the game?

Again don't want to be a downer here but I think too many of you are getting a little too excited over Sauve being a solid future Canuck.

Watching highlights from the game last night, Yann looked average at best from what I could see...anybody get to watch the game?

Again don't want to be a downer here but I think too many of you are getting a little too excited over Sauve being a solid future Canuck.

Sauve has the potential to be a solid D-man, but just like every other prospect, he needs some development time still. if he can step up next season great, but him and connauton will most likely be on the moose for the next year or 2.

Sauve has the potential to be a solid D-man, but just like every other prospect, he needs some development time still. if he can step up next season great, but him and connauton will most likely be on the moose for the next year or 2.

I agree with you...although Yann and Kevin are two different kinds of d-men, I have more confidence in Connauton reaching his potential as a solid d-man in the NHL that I do Sauve...but time will tell...

I guess I should quit bitching about our prospects, it's been a while since we could have a worthy debate between two young d-men in our system! it's kind of nice haha

I agree with you...although Yann and Kevin are two different kinds of d-men, I have more confidence in Connauton reaching his potential as a solid d-man in the NHL that I do Sauve...but time will tell...

I guess I should quit bitching about our prospects, it's been a while since we could have a worthy debate between two young d-men in our system! it's kind of nice haha

Compare this to... what, even 2 or 3 years ago? You wouldn't have had much to complain about, other than the fact that we had nothing to complain about at all! tongue.gif

I watched Yann play what was most likely his last junior hockey game, and he has surprised Saint John fans. They all see now that he does have the talent and had an amazing playoff run and played like he was capable of. Best of luck to him and hopefully he'll be with the Moose this coming season and I made need to make a roadie to catch a game!

Don't worry, Gillis will get it done. The guy ain't stupid. Sauve may not have fulfilled expectations for his offensive potential, but I wouldn't worry about that right now. There are players who never did put up huge numbers in junior, but went on to produce at the NHL level. He has improved his point totals every year, and with his skating, looks to be at least a pretty decent prospect with some meanness and physicality that our current D-corps seems to be lacking. I mean c'mon, we're talking about a big and mobile yet nasty piece of business on the back end here. Would you really let him go unsigned? On top of that, he was the 2nd guy MG ever picked. There's no way he doesn't sign Sauve.

Plus I'm also glad that Gillis isn't drafting D-men who can't skate, like Rahimi for example. He might be mean and nasty too, but if he can't get anywhere on the ice in time then what's the point?

I think Sauve has the potential to be a top 4 D-man for this team. I`ve been keeping tabs on him ever since the Canucks drafted him, and what I heard at first was that he didn`t make good decisions with the puck, but he`s apparently gotten much better at that and seems to understand the game better. I`m looking forward to see how he progresses with the Moose next season.

I think Sauve has the potential to be a top 4 D-man for this team. I`ve been keeping tabs on him ever since the Canucks drafted him, and what I heard at first was that he didn`t make good decisions with the puck, but he`s apparently gotten much better at that and seems to understand the game better. I`m looking forward to see how he progresses with the Moose next season.

I remember hearing about that part of his game too, and I hope that he really has improved in that area. We could sure use a home-grown 2-way D-man in the very near future.

I remember hearing about that part of his game too, and I hope that he really has improved in that area. We could sure use a home-grown 2-way D-man in the very near future.

There was a CDC member thats actually from St. John and follows the Seadogs on a regular basis and he said Sauve has really improved in that part of his game...heres hoping at least

I know the 11-12 season is far away.

But as of now we only have 2 d-men signed for that season. Edler and Oberg

Let's just say we extend Ehrhoffs contract and sign Hamhuis this off-season.

This is what it could look like:

Alex Edler - Christian Ehrhoff

Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Connauton

Yann Sauve - Evan Oberg

That would free up a ton of cap-space and I think we'd still be competitive.

Since it looks like Sauve and Connauton are going to get a year in the AHL first and Oberg is already a good dman down in the AHL.

Archived