The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

Last report was "Upper body injury". But I think we can all agree it's probably a concussion, it doesn't take 2 months to heal from abrasions.

Last I heard was that it was a concussion. "upper body injury" was what was reported right after the accident, "concussion" came out a couple days (weeks?) later as a more detailed report. It was also in that Saint John article about the reporter complaining about not having access to talk to Sauve about the incident when the canucks specifically said no media contact.

Here's a quote from a Moose article talking about Sauve not being close yet.

"Sauve, who was hit by a car prior to the Canucks’ training camp, has been skating on his own of late but still has a long way to go to get up to game speed.

“I don’t have a target date, if that’s what you’re asking,” said Noel. “He doesn’t look good for a guy who hasn’t been on the ice for awhile.”

<br />Here's a quote from a Moose article talking about Sauve not being close yet. <br /><br />&quot;Sauve, who was hit by a car prior to the Canucks' training camp, has been skating on his own of late but still has a long way to go to get up to game speed.<br /><br />"I don't have a target date, if that's what you're asking," said Noel. "He doesn't look good for a guy who hasn't been on the ice for awhile."<br />

Yea concussions are a nasty injury, and it's almost impossible to set a timeline.

The positive thing is that he's skating again, that's the first step. But whether or not he feels the lingering effects of his concussion will be revealed when he starts more strenuous workouts.

The reality is he could be weeks away or he could be months away. Lets hope his recovery goes well.

Not bad speed for a player out three months with serious injury:

FASTEST SKATER: TEAM WHITE

Jeff Tambellini 14.53 seconds

Chris Tanev 14.72 seconds

Yann Sauve 14.56 seconds :canucks:

FASTEST SKATER: TEAM BLACK

Jordan Schroeder 14.48 seconds

Bill Sweatt 14.16 seconds

Kevin Clark 14.57 seconds

Its good to see him skating again, it means he is making progress. I heard a rumor today that the Moose were sending him back to Saint John. I highly doubt this will happen, another year in junior will do nothing for him, and the team already has 4 20's.

Not bad speed for a player out three months with serious injury:

FASTEST SKATER: TEAM WHITE

Jeff Tambellini 14.53 seconds

Chris Tanev 14.72 seconds

Yann Sauve 14.56 seconds :canucks:

FASTEST SKATER: TEAM BLACK

Jordan Schroeder 14.48 seconds

Bill Sweatt 14.16 seconds

Kevin Clark 14.57 seconds

Pretty good for a big man

Archived