linden Vey Sig

#752 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,838 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Any one watching the Comets v's Marlies game today. Sauve look terrible give away after give away. Watching him tonight you have to wonder if his days in the AHL are over

I don't know about AHL days being over, but his chances of playing there with an NHL contract certainly are numbered. I'd hoped he could become at least an improved Andrew Alberts, but not sure that's in the cards for him.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#753 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

What a bummer, man. This guy had credentials too coming out of junior. Too bad about the accident, guess we'll never know what he coulda been.

Man we got some bad luck with promising d prospects.

Bourdon rip
Sauve car accident or whatever
McNally Harvard debacle

If Connaughton goes on to be a superstar I'm gonna be pissed.

#754 Roflcawptur

Roflcawptur

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

What a bummer, man. This guy had credentials too coming out of junior. Too bad about the accident, guess we'll never know what he coulda been.

Man we got some bad luck with promising d prospects.

Bourdon rip
Sauve car accident or whatever
McNally Harvard debacle

If Connaughton goes on to be a superstar I'm gonna be pissed.

Is McNally gonna suck just cause he cheated in school?

:canucks: Proud Canuck from Kansas City :canucks:

Bieksa.png

#755 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

well.. either way he definitely wasted 1 year of valuable time to play hockey at school. If you don't play, you won't get better.

#756 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

I think Sauve's time is running out, if it hasn't already.

I know part of it has to do with bad luck and injuries, but being tied for the worse plus minus on the Comets, and not showing much improvement, we could use roster sports in Utica for guys like McEneny and Andersson to play more prominent roles.

I love Sauve, and wanted him to succeed, but with him being a RFA this season, and with a number of prospects coming up, the patience for him has most likely run out.  He is easily replacable now, most likely will not see him qualified.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY, 09 April 2014 - 01:30 PM.

2moy3iq.png

#757 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

I think Sauve's time is running out, if it hasn't already.

I know part of it has to do with bad luck and injuries, but being tied for the worse plus minus on the Comets, and not showing much improvement, we could use roster sports in Utica for guys like McEneny and Andersson to play more prominent roles.

I love Sauve, and wanted him to succeed, but with him being a RFA this season, and with a number of prospects coming up, the patience for him has most likely run out.  He is easily replacable now, most likely will not see him qualified.

i highly doubt we see him back as well. seems like an easy contract space to free up. it's unfortunate but like you said the likes of andersson, mceneny, and i'd throw in tommernes as well all stand to see more ice time.

#758 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

i highly doubt we see him back as well. seems like an easy contract space to free up. it's unfortunate but like you said the likes of andersson, mceneny, and i'd throw in tommernes as well all stand to see more ice time.

It's an odd situation for Sauve, it truly feels like his time is up even though Tommernes is the same age as him and Andersson is only one year younger. I guess his draft position and North American experience play a factor in that though.

abl8vt.jpg

#759 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,838 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Agreed on most of the above. I think this one year deal was another chance to see if he could stick, and they let go of others like Jeremy Price to fit him in. While the accident had something to do with it perhaps, I don't think it was a major factor in any way apart from maybe slowing his development.

I'd been holding onto a hope that he could become a solid #7 defenceman and improve on someone like Alberts, but I'd long since dropped the idea of him being really effective offensively at the NHL level. He could find a career as an AHL'er, and maybe he even finds a way to become a productive NHL'er, but I don't see it happening here.

We'll have similar decisions to make on a number of young players, like Schroeder, Dalpe and even Welsh.

#760 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Lol how the hell would I know. It would be nice if he was never caught, publicly shamed and forced to step away from the game for a bit though

#761 VegasCanuck

VegasCanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Unless we suddenly discover a new depth of defense prospects that we can dump into the AHL, I think Sauve will be given another year or two.

#762 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,484 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Agreed on most of the above. I think this one year deal was another chance to see if he could stick, and they let go of others like Jeremy Price to fit him in. While the accident had something to do with it perhaps, I don't think it was a major factor in any way apart from maybe slowing his development.

I'd been holding onto a hope that he could become a solid #7 defenceman and improve on someone like Alberts, but I'd long since dropped the idea of him being really effective offensively at the NHL level. He could find a career as an AHL'er, and maybe he even finds a way to become a productive NHL'er, but I don't see it happening here.

We'll have similar decisions to make on a number of young players, like Schroeder, Dalpe and even Welsh.

Ya Price seemed somewhat decent too.

Schroeder & Dalpe will be back, Welsh who knows, but Sauve is definitely gone. Best of luck to him but its time to move on. 

zackass.png

#763 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Smashian;

Dalphe and Schroeder will be back where, Utica or Vancouver? I have to think Utica. I actually see more potential in Dalphe over Schroeder.  

#764 R3aL

R3aL

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Smashian;

Dalphe and Schroeder will be back where, Utica or Vancouver? I have to think Utica. I actually see more potential in Dalphe over Schroeder.  

I see more portential in Dalpe as well, he has high end speed, I see a cogliano kinda career from Dalpe 

15s7x8x.jpg

Work of Art by: Justdean10

#765 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

I don't think Suave's time is done.  The kid is only 24 years of age, and injuries really hampered his development.  Plus it didn't help playing on a struggling Comets team this year.  I wouldn't read into stats too much.

Alot can still happen for this guy.  He is built to be a solid stay at home defender, and I'm sure he can still keep improving.  There are a lot of years left for this guy at 24 years of age.  Re-sign him and allow him to keep playing tough minutes in Utica.

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#766 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,838 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Smashian;

I see more portential in Dalpe as well, he has high end speed, I see a cogliano kinda career from Dalpe 

Maybe we sign them to AHL contract, as we could do with Sauve. Otherwise we could sign them to a two-way NHL contract and risk putting them through waivers.

Sauve is waiver eligible next year as well, although I guess if any of them really are borderline and we do lose them to waivers it's no different from not qualifying them. None of them have expensive qualifying offers, so it's not unreasonable they'd come back, but we'll have to weigh that against how many contract spots we have available under the 50 max.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.