765 replies to this topic

#91 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Great to see him coming along. We won't be re-signing mitchell after this year so that frees up a spot, or if he's not ready, we'll sign a UFA dman in the meantime before suave and oberg step in.

Can't say that about Mitchell like it's a fact.

Edited by Thomas Gradin, 28 October 2009 - 06:21 PM.

#92 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

Great to see him coming along. We won't be re-signing mitchell after this year so that frees up a spot, or if he's not ready, we'll sign a UFA dman in the meantime before suave and oberg step in.

Sauve will probably take around 1-2 more years after this season.

You have to remember he's a 19 year old playing against others who aren't as physically mature.

#93 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

You have to remember he's a 19 year old playing against others who aren't as physically mature.

AHL bound

Hes gonna play at about 225?
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#94 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

Sauve and Anthony both with goals tonight in the sea dogs win. that puts them in sole possession of the top spot in the QMJHL.
http://www.lhjmq.qc....id_partie=20383

#95 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

Ellington is basically a bust since he is playing in the ECHL. Sauve takes top spot for our top defense prospect.
Posted Image

#96 EastCoast47

EastCoast47

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

good article on the canucks main page about Sauve. He's on a 6-game point streak and was named first star in last nights 3-1 win in Chicoutimi...hope he keeps it up! The new coaching has really seemed to help

Thx to R. Luongo. for sig & Im here 4 Ruttu for Avy

#97 Pinhead

Pinhead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

Im tellin you guys, Sauve is the real deal and is going to be a BEAST.

Posted Image

#98 MrTubesteak

MrTubesteak

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

I hope Sauve's early season success draws the attention of Team Canada brass. I'd love to see him on the WJHC team.

#99 CanuckMascot-ish

CanuckMascot-ish

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

I've read most of the threads dealing with the prospects camp and they don't really mention Sauve much. Check them out by looking at the main page of CDC or using the search button.

Don't mind Tyrenkidu, he didn't take his meds today.

This guy has a history of dumbness:

I have been a fan since the very first day they played in the NHL...I cringe when they lose , I am angry and frustrated with ANY loss at ANY time , I am somewhat happier when they win , but so what..... even if they went 82-0-0 it wouldnt mean anything without a cup , and as well all know , One cup is NEVER enough!!!!! I am NEVER SATISFIED with the team , and I have an opinion about EVERYTHING related to the team ...I think I am a Fan , dont much care what anyone else may say

(on clouts) You are 100% WRONG!!!! He was a fantastic regular season goalie with an average D in front of him , he was a playoff choker though and the idea of him as a back up isnt as horrible an idea as you think....remember Lui's last playoff game ? I want Lui healthy and hungry come playoff time, Clouts would have been a good choice if he has any game left,but Im sure Rayco will be just fine...his preseason was very good.

This was BEFORE Daniel broke his foot though...wouldnt be as good a dancer now

Posted Image Reduced 78%Posted Image 450 x 436 (29.12K)//......So much talk about cookies..............

Took me forever to read that and for the most part somewhat accurate...Bure was screwed around massively by the management of the time he could have easily been a 50+ goal scorers for better then 7 or 8 years for them DONT always blame the player ...tell me when your boss treats you unfairly and like a dik DO YOU PUT your best effort into your job??? if you just said yes you work at mcdonalds or are a wall mart greeter....

Your completely wrong I am sorry to say , I plan the Parade EVERY year since 1970....just be cause it hasnt happened yet doesnt mean it isnt ever going to , this year looks to me to be the strongest Canucks ever iced in its entire club history and for that reason alone you can almost , almost predict a Canfrence finals appearance...but if we avoid injuries and we gane 2 points as oposed to 1 1/2 points then I see no reason we shouldnt start planning LAST week !!

This is only some of them!

#100 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,082 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

Ellington is basically a bust since he is playing in the ECHL. Sauve takes top spot for our top defense prospect.

So did Burrows. :rolleyes:

But Sauve does seem to be the best blueliner prospect in Vancouver's system.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#101 LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,577 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

:huh:

Uh... no... Ellington being on the ECHL in his first pro season does not make him a bust.

He's basically the only d-man on Victoria with a '+' rating and he's got a goal and an assist, 2 points in 6 games which is decent for a defensive d-man, +3 rating.
Posted Image
'Here's lookin' at you kid'

#102 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

First year for Ellington. Plus I believe they want him to play top minutes and he would not get that in Manitoba where the D is quite deep and experienced.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#103 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,748 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

Nice first draft by Gillis.

#104 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

sauve with no points and -1 tonight in the seadogs 3-2 shootout win.

#105 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

I think Sauve is our best overall defensive prospect. Behind him I would have to go with Connauton and then Ellington. Connauton has sick skills but is apparently atrocious defensively.
Sig too big.

#106 MGrabner40

MGrabner40

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

I think Sauve is our best overall defensive prospect. Behind him I would have to go with Connauton and then Ellington. Connauton has sick skills but is apparently atrocious defensively.

I would have to say Oberg falls 2nd. Oberg is good at both ends of the rink with more offensive upside than Ellington.

Edited by MGrabner40, 31 October 2009 - 12:08 AM.

Credit to Victorious Secret for the sig.

QUOTE (Paula Creamer @ Sep 30 2009, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never even got to see the pictures. At least Alicia Whitten made it worth my while to click on the thread.

#107 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

1. Sauve
2. Oberg
3. Connauton (getting much better defensively this year while remaining quite offensive. its a very pleasant surprise to say the lest.
4. Ellington

#108 AmazingNuck

AmazingNuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

A few years under Don Hay, whom I've heard nothing but good things about, should do him well in that regard.
Posted Image

#109 FireGillis

FireGillis

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

No one thought del zotto would make the rangers as a 19 year old and he did.

Proud member of 2015 tank nation! :towel:

#110 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

I'm so sold on Sauve it's not even funny.

This guy is going to be a stud.

#111 sirensong87

sirensong87

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

1. Sauve
2. Oberg
3. Connauton (getting much better defensively this year while remaining quite offensive. its a very pleasant surprise to say the lest.
4. Ellington

Connauton is EASILY the worst defensive player the Giants have in their D core. His positioning is terrible and hes very soft. He has alot of offensive ability but its going to take ALOT of development to turn him into an NHL Dman. Don't expect to hear any real rumblings of him make the Nucks till hes atleast 22.

Sauve
Oberg
Ellington
Connauton

And in terms of NHL readiness.

Oberg
Ellington
Sauve
Connauton

You guys gotta remember this is Sauve's 19yr old season, if he wasnt dominating there would be a HUUGE problem. Sauve is another project but not nearly as much as Connauton. If all goes well for Sauve 1-2yrs in the AHL and he should be a full time NHL player.

#112 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

A few years under Don Hay, whom I've heard nothing but good things about, should do him well in that regard.

Hay is excellent. He coached me a bit with Hitch too.
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#113 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

No one thought del zotto would make the rangers as a 19 year old and he did.

Del Zotto was actually projected to be a top 5 pick at one point.. It was due to an abysmal playoff and lackluster season that dropped his stock.
Posted Image

#114 TRIPP3D

TRIPP3D

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

Del Zotto was actually projected to be a top 5 pick at one point.. It was due to an abysmal playoff and lackluster season that dropped his stock.

Wasn't Sauve in a similar situation?

#115 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

Wasn't Sauve in a similar situation?

At one point.

He was a 1st overall pick into the Q.

#116 2 Sedins 1 cup

2 Sedins 1 cup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

Let Sauve do his time like Edler then come in and make his mark.
Posted Image
rk17

Quote me on this. The Flames will win their Second Stanley Cup before the Canucks win their first. :P

Sometimes people shouldn't have their opinions heard.

Led Zeppelin is overrated.

#117 Pinhead

Pinhead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

Sauve could very possibly make the team next year.

Posted Image

#118 MrTubesteak

MrTubesteak

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

Sauve could very possibly make the team next year.

Really?
Who's spot is he going to take?

Let's assume that Willie re-signs (which I think he will).
Is Sauve going to take a spot from Willie, Bieksa, Edler, Salo, Erhoff or O'Brien?

Maybe SOB. Maybe.

More than likely Sauve will go to the Moose and play a couple of seasons there.

#119 Vertikal

Vertikal

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

Really?
Who's spot is he going to take?

Let's assume that Willie re-signs (which I think he will).
Is Sauve going to take a spot from Willie, Bieksa, Edler, Salo, Erhoff or O'Brien?

Maybe SOB. Maybe.

More than likely Sauve will go to the Moose and play a couple of seasons there.

O'Brien only signed for one year, but he will be an RFA. The 6th D spot is where I would see Sauve fitting, but of course only if he outplays the others, no need to rush him.

It would be nice to have a decent D-man to call up without him having to clear waivers.
We'll always remember you Bobby Lu!

QUOTE (Spinnaker @ Sep 11 2008, 07:08 AM)
"Watching Burrows play is like watching Gladiator for the first time. It's kinda badass."

#120 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

O'Brien only signed for one year, but he will be an RFA. The 6th D spot is where I would see Sauve fitting, but of course only if he outplays the others, no need to rush him.

It would be nice to have a decent D-man to call up without him having to clear waivers.

The waivers thing is the most likely reason he would be on the moose, even if he matched/slightly outplayed SOB. Basically because he'd be called up fairly quickly once salo gets injured (inevitable).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.