The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

So I saw Prometheus last night. Never been a big fan of the Alien movies so I wasn't super stoked coming in.

But I must say that the first half of the movie was just absolutely beautiful. But because I wasn't all that invested in any of the characters, the second half fell flat when I needed the story to pick up the slack.

7/10

So I saw Prometheus last night. Never been a big fan of the Alien movies so I wasn't super stoked coming in.

But I must say that the first half of the movie was just absolutely beautiful. But because I wasn't all that invested in any of the characters, the second half fell flat when I needed the story to pick up the slack.

7/10

Prometheus - 9/10

No, it doesn't tie in perfectly with Alien, and yes, characters often do really stupid stuff to move the plot along. But it's so rare that you get a genre film with this kind of budget (the acting is fantastic, and the movie itself is gorgeous) which is willing to explore really deep and interesting themes. I really highly recommend seeing it, and do yourself a favour and watch it in IMAX 3D. It's worth it.

it is abso-freaking-lutely not worth the extra money for the 3D. this isn't avatar, where the 3D adds so much to the beauty of the film. the 3D was not needed at all. I honestly don't know how you could rate this crapfest so high, unless the imax 3D version is a completely different movie.

Finally watched Superbad. It was alright. I'm not really into overly sexualized comedies.

I saw the few episodes of Allen Gregory before it was cancelled (deservedly so)... Jonah Hill played the exact same character in both of those titles. He did a good job in Moneyball though so I'm not really sure about what I think of him as an actor.

Archived