The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Body of Lies - 6.5/10. Decent story. Well acted by Leo and whoever played the head of the Jordanian consulate. Definitly worth renting. Skip the buy though.

Synecdoche, New York - 3/10. Before any die hard Kaufman fans reem me out, let me explain. I love Being John Malkavich, Adaptation, and of course Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. That said, this was just too much. The 3 I gave is for just how much Kaufman was trying to achieve. That said, it just wasn't that good. Totally forgettable, and not really worth renting. If you have a hard-on for Kaufman, then you won't listen anyway. However, it really wasn't very good.

B0000ZMGWA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

In The Cut - 6.5/10

Pro's

-Superb acting

-Gritty, raw, believable dialogue

-nudity... not just female :)

-dark tone fit the movie perfectly

Con's

-Camera's constant in & out focus and movement, it's distracting.

-Script was all over the place

-Too many holes in the storyline

Overall, it was a long movie to begin with but they should've made it longer so they could fill their holes in the script. But the acting was great, very believable and outside their normal parts they play. A+ for that... the kind of movie I wished I starred in.

The Prestige - 8/10

First time around I gave it a 10/10, it had me guessing the whole movie. Didn't know the twists and stuff until the very end. This time around I knew half of the things so the suspense wasn't as great, but I had forgotten some of the stuff as well since it was the first time watching it in over a year.

Twilight 8/10

I read the book in about 4 days, I finished it this afternoon and was soooo impatient I had to rent the movie tonight.

I wasn't as disappointed as I may have suspected, but I would've loved to see a longer drawn out love story with more intensity in it.

Anyway, I didn't like Robert Pattinson OR Kristin Stewart until I saw this. Amazing... perfect casting for them.

As for the other 4 siblings... Jasper & Emmet were the only one's I sorta visualized as what was described in the book.

I'm starting New Moon on Wednesday.. I can't wait :D

Archived