The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Total recall: 8/10

Solid movie loved the way they made everything look. Non stop action and it was well done the only off thing is that it didn't take place on Mars like the original. But overall a great remake but I'm not sure if its as good as the original.

Total Recall: 8/10 like above poster.

Great dystopian action / sci-fi film. Reviewers on RT and MC crapped all over it but it was one of those semi-rare times where we very much disagreed.

The reason it got an 8 and not a 9 or 10 is that some parts of the plot dragged on a bit too much between action scenes. I mean we're talking about the end to society as we know it, it's hard to go from intense to mellow plot, mellow plot, mellow plot.. then jump to intense again. Less ruining the fluidity of an intense action movie would have gone a long way. Still, way better than reviewers gave it credit for, distinguished itself quite decently from the previous film.

The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10

Kind of a strange movie. Felt like it left many things underexplained, while at the same time spending far too much time on others. And despite a few displays of special effects mastery, the action sequences in TDK were far more spectacular.

It's nowhere near as good as The Dark Knight. And, although this one is technically better, I enjoyed Batman Begins as a piece of entertainment far more. Still, in the end though, it's a very good movie - just disappointing compared to what preceeded it.

***SPOILER-ALERT!*** - I understand Batman's "no guns" principle, but there is a scene near the end which made his adherence to it seem flat-out ridiculous. I'm glad that he eventually got called on that.

The Dark Knight Rises: 9-9.5/10

Excellent movie, just came back from watching it right now. Firstly, like to make clear that I believe this movie was better than the first and secondly, I thought I'd never say it, but Bane played a better villain than the Joker. How I put it: Joker was simply a better actor, not by much though, but Bane was simply the better villain from the two movies.

Loved Bane every bit of the movie, he's just a

Monster! Guy has shoulders the size of a beast, and his massive body frame gave an extra natural element to his villain character. If I ever saw him in real life, I'd probably run away horrified tbh. My favourite character, alongside Batman and Robin, and Bane was just fantastic! Fav. scene of his were the plane one in the beginning, football, and stock market one; unbelievable character. The way he fit into his character was more than what I ever expected and the movie was just magnificent. Ending scene with the bomb was kinda weird at first but when I realized it/what actually happened, I liked it quite a bit - *Hint Hint* autopilot. Blake, aka Robin, was great too and the movie had it all - oh yea, Hathaway was perfect too.

Great film, better than the first, Bane took over the show and the movie had an excellent core of actors who made a great overall effect on the whole movie.

Edit: The title of the movie is very fitting...couldn't have named it anything more suiting.

Total Recall - 7/10

Cool action movie. Loved the look of the movie. As a huge fan of the original, I enjoyed this quite a bit. It still has some cheesy one liners and just goes from crazy chase scene to cool fight scene with very little breaks in between. I would have liked to see more story on the world and environment cause that was the coolest part for me. Worth a watch.

Dark Knight Rises- 7.5/10

I actually liked it the most out of the people I went to it with. They often had no idea what was going on and I had to inform them. Hathway was easily the best part of the movie, she was the perfect Cat women. Also the ending wasn't done very good and could use some work. I think to truly like these movies and rate it high you had to be a huge Batman fan when younger because honestly each movie disappointed me. They never matched the hype. I never got into the whole super hero faze as a child as I was a big Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh kind of guy.

Also I could never get over Batman's aweful voice.

I, Robot - 7/10

Finally saw the very beginning of it today. For some reason I always catch it part-way through on tv, but I always end up sitting down to watch it. It seems to have something about it that makes it always a bit interesting to watch while I'm eating supper etc; I don't know what it is.

50/50 - 8/10

Black Death - 4.5/10

Man on a Ledge - 6/10

Ran - 9/10

The Big Year - 5/10

The Dead Zone - 7/10

The Dictator - 5.5/10

The Hunger Games - 6.5/10

Winter's Bone - 7.5/10

Too many movies to give them a write up, but I've watched them all within the last few days or so. All for the first time as well (Including Ran). Yes I know that's a very random list.

-Old, but Scream 4 is one of the worst movies i've ever watched. 1/10. The '1' is for the odd laugh at the pointless and tired series.

-Fubar 2, also old, destroyed it, but it is also brutal. 4/10.

-Not a movie, but i'm watching the Breaking Bad series instead of most tv and movies nowadays. But it's starting to look like the season 4 finale should've also been the series wrap-up. Ding-ding-ding! 8/10

-Old, but Scream 4 is one of the worst movies i've ever watched. 1/10. The '1' is for the odd laugh at the pointless and tired series.

-Fubar 2, also old, destroyed it, but it is also brutal. 4/10.

-Not a movie, but i'm watching the Breaking Bad series instead of most tv and movies nowadays. But it's starting to look like the season 4 finale should've also been the series wrap-up. Ding-ding-ding! 8/10

Abduction- 1.5/10, what a pos crappy movie. The title does not even make sense there was no abduction. The leading "lady" isn't even good looking and Taylor Lautner cannot act at all, I mean At All! Horrible writing, horrible

Acting and could not even be saved by good action, since all the action scenes were slow and predictable.

The only plus I am giving this movie was the Soundtrack the BMW provided in one scene.

Archived