The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

No, if you had read my post, I said Daniel Day Lewis.

As for Spielberg, I don't blow my load over any of his releases. If a new Spielberg movie comes out, by no means is it on my rader, nor do I care when it is released.

That said, to those wondering about Lincoln and have no interest in Spielberg or DDL, it is currently holding a 91% on RT.

Speaking of Daniel Day Lewis, my wife watched A Room With a View the other night.

I didn't watch the whole thing, so I'm not going to bother rating it (seemed decent though). But I will say, the best part of it was DDL's portrayal of the stuck-up socialite. Despite some other pretty big star power in it, he made the rest of the cast look like amateurs.

roomwithaview2.jpg

Speaking of Daniel Day Lewis, my wife watched A Room With a View the other night.

I didn't watch the whole thing, so I'm not going to bother rating it (seemed decent though). But I will say, the best part of it was DDL's portrayal of the stuck-up socialite. Despite some other pretty big star power in it, he made the rest of the cast look like amateurs.

/>

Right, and again, you're point being?Ah screw it, I don't think you will ever read between the lines of anybody's posts. I'll spell it out for you.1. I like Daniel Day Lewis2. I eagerly await any Daniel Day Lewis film.3. Daniel Day Lewis didn't direct Lincoln, he acts in it.4. Steven Spielberg directed Lincoln.5. I don't get excited over Spielberg films.6. But guess what? I do get excited over a Daniel Day Lewis film.7. Daniel Day Lewis is in Lincoln.8. Get it now?

On the one hand, you're all excited for a Daniel Day Lewis film. But then you say you don't plan to watch any Spielberg movies, even though he directed this one. Seems like a contradiction to me. So... ah, screw it. ;)

No, if you had read my post, I said Daniel Day Lewis.

As for Spielberg, I don't blow my load over any of his releases. If a new Spielberg movie comes out, by no means is it on my rader, nor do I care when it is released.

That said, to those wondering about Lincoln and have no interest in Spielberg or DDL, it is currently holding a 91% on RT.

Saw The Man with the Iron First tonight.

It was what I was expecting... 7/10

Look, you know what you're going to get walking in. It was like Kill Bill meets Jet Li's Fearless.

Not a WWE fan, but I really liked David Bautista in this.

Just watched Ted, well an hour of it.

What a piece of garbage this was. It was basically a Family Guy episdoe with swearing. Seth McFarlane thinks he's so edgy with his attempts at crude humour and all his 80s pop culture references, which I'm sure three quarters of his audience don't even get.

I just don't get the love for his crap comedy.

However, if you do like it and it makes you laugh then YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BE HAPPY!!! :D

Skyfall - 9/10

Pretty original Bond film... definitely an unfamiliar plot given the formula.

I enjoyed a lot of the nods to the past given the 50th anniversary of the film franchise. The use of the original Bond theme without remixing was a nice touch. Bardem's villain was also a great Bond villain (a key to any successful Bond film). I took one point off because it dragged a little at times.

I also felt that they could have done away with Judi Dench's "M" differently. I figured out pretty quickly that Ralph Fiennes was either her replacement (especially with the last name 'M'allory) or some deeply hidden villain. I think "M" could have retired rather than being literally killed off - the film built up that possibility.

Archived