The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

The Avengers - 7/10. I enjoyed it, but it was pretty typical for a superhero movie. Although it's not like I was expecting any more.

Cloud Atlas - 7.5/10. I really liked this movie. I didn't like how a lot of the beginning is you trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Tom Hanks played amazing in all of his characters. Good movie and stories.

Skyfall - 9/10. I loved it. Lots of action, great Bond action. Javier Bardem was great in his role too.

I saw Cloud Atlas on Friday and Skyfall on Saturday, so it was a little weird seeing the same actor in 2 different movies right after another. Q in Skyfall is one of the important characters in Cloud Atlas. The guy who wrote Cloud Atlas Sextet.

Skyfall - 7/10. Overrated. I know I am definitely in the minority, but I miss the less serious Bond films that Connery and Moore were known for. I don't like how completely unrealistic they became (ie: Moonraker), but I miss when Bond was still a playboy and was more tongue and cheek.

Man you guys expect too much out of Ted. It's not supposed to be this great script with great writing like you guys expect. It was supposed to be what family guy is, you watch it for it's stupidity and laugh at it. It's like the Expendables 2. Did anyone honestly going into that movie expect to see a great movie? No. Anyone with some sense knew that movie would be a bunch of cheesy lines with things blowing up for two hours, which is exactly what it was.

Man you guys expect too much out of Ted. It's not supposed to be this great script with great writing like you guys expect. It was supposed to be what family guy is, you watch it for it's stupidity and laugh at it. It's like the Expendables 2. Did anyone honestly going into that movie expect to see a great movie? No. Anyone with some sense knew that movie would be a bunch of cheesy lines with things blowing up for two hours, which is exactly what it was.

This weekend I watched 2 movies about old farts with heart trouble:

World's Fastest Indian - 8/10

Anthony Hopkins was great, and the story interesting. Most of the movie was how Bert was such a great guy that everybody warmed up to. Could have easily cut 20 minutes of that, but still was a very good movie.

Get Low - 7/10

I saw a preview that showed this as a comedy, but despite a few of funny lines (mostly from Bill Murray), it turned out to be a pretty serious drama. It's about a recluse that everybody had stories about (most of them tall tales), but nobody really knew. So he decides to throw a "funeral party", and tell his story. The ending was anti-climactic, but the build-up was really well done.

The Amazing Spiderman - 6/10

Decent enough. I like Andrew Garfield and thought he did quite well. I thought Emma Stone was miscast, but I don't know who else they could have got at this point. The development of how he became Spiderman seemed very rushed in comparison to the 2002 version. All in all, it was watchable. Not a must see nor worth owning, but alright. I did like Sally Field, thought she played Aunt May perfectly.

Sinister - 6/10

I keep watching horror movies hoping to find one that would be scary, but am always disappointed. This one was no different. It wasn't as terrible as a lot of the other ones though and I appreciated that they tried to have a story/plot in this one.

Skyfall - 7/10

It was pretty entertaining for what it was.

I didn't like that M died. Also thought that the way Silva was killed was kinda stupid. Severine's role was so minor that it was almost pointless.

30 minutes or less: 5/10

Had a couple laughs, but the dialogue for the most part just drags on and leads to nothing. Like when the bad guys were talking about opening a tanning salon in the van even though it had nothing to do with the plot. The movie is short enough , and they still needed to find pointless fillers to try and get a laugh.

Archived