The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Guest Gumballthechewy

First of all, the book was 350 pages long if that and didn't need to be split in to 3 feature length movies to start with...second of all, the chase scenes were just agonizingly interminable...

Guest Gumballthechewy

South Park: bigger longer uncut. 8/10. Need more cartoon satires like this. Now all we get is how to train your dragon, shrek and friggen gnomeo and Juliette among other nonsense...

No. Just making a point that there are too many children dreamworks films and not enough films like South Park that actually discuss world related issues in an entertaining manner rather than just there for the purpose of keeping younglings quiet for an hour and a half.

Guest Gumballthechewy

No. Just making a point that there are too many children dreamworks films and not enough films like South Park that actually discuss world related issues in an entertaining manner rather than just there for the purpose of keeping younglings quiet for an hour and a half.

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey: 9/10

A lot better than I expected, after reading reviews. The 64fps did take quite a while to get used to. I found it very offputting until the troll scene, at which point it was fine. The beginning 10-15 minutes with Ian Holm and Elijah Wood were unnecessary. Ate up a lot of time that could have (or not) been spent on something else.

The film really picked up at the troll scene and Rivendale (which looked gorgeous). You absolutely have to go in not comparing it to LOTR because the tone of the book is already much lighter than. Same world, much different story. Absolutely loved it.

Didn't know there was someone on here who loved Shutter Island even more than I did. It pulled me in, and made me think about the ending for weeks. 9.5 for me. And I'm not even much of a Leo OR Scorcese fan (appreciate/respect both, but this is definitely my favourite film by either of them).

The dream sequence with the ashes was one of the most compelling visuals I have ever seen in a movie.

The Matador - 8.5/10

I absolutely love this movie. We bought it about 6 years ago and hadn't watched it since. I remember really enjoying it though. Watched it last week and absolutely loved it. The last time Pierce Brosnan showed acting chops like this was in Dante's Peak.

In all seriousness though, this is such a gem. Giving serious thought of placing this in my top 10 films of 2000-2010. Highly, highly recommend everyone to take a look at it. Highly.

Saw The Hobbit tonight 8/10

I saw the high framerate showing, and it was just a beautiful movie.

Loved the lead-in dwarf story, but a lot of the rest of it was just meh. I was very young when I had read the book so I don't remember a lot of the dialogue, but I didn't care for the injected humour.

Highlight of the night: Oz, the Great and Powerful trailer.

Archived