The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Emma Stone and Scarlet Johanssen are each far better actresses than Ms. Kunis. But I must admit, while they're all easy to look at, I give Mila the edge.

My parents are visiting, so there have been a lot of lighthearted Netflix movies on. I have drifted in and out of most of them, but here are my thoughts:

Mr. Baseball - 6/10

Cheesy, but not a bad movie at all. Tom Selleck sells it.

The Dream Team - 7.5/10

I had never seen this, and I missed a good chunk of it, but what I saw was quite funny. Christopher Lloyd nailed his part, and Peter Boyle was hilarious.

The Italian Job - 4/10

Monty was right, this was much worse than I remembered it to be. It had a great premise, and a FANTASTIC cast, but the dialog was just flat-out retarded...what a waste.

The Hobbit- 6/10

It was alright. Good acting. Excellent cinematography and music. It was way too long though. It could have been shortened by a great deal. If they can jam three 500 page books into three movies, they definitely don't need to stretch a 300 page children's book into three movies. But then again, this makes them more money, so it's the logical process. I don't like how every book adapted into a movie is being broken up into separate parts now. Harry Potter I could understand because it let them focus more on the details, as it is the big finale of the series, but the other ones just seem like cash grabs to me. There were too many instances of Deus Ex Machina for my liking, and the chase scenes were really drawn out. All in all, it was worth watching, but I could not see myself sitting through it again.

Gotta love Christmas. Apparently the time of year for me to watch everything BUT Christmas movies.

Green Hornet: 5.5/10 - Watched it for the second time yesterday. I may be in the minority, but I actually enjoyed it. Yes, Seth Rogen is starting to wear out his welcome a bit, but I thought he did fine here. Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't know how good a Green Hornet film could have been. Totally forgot that Cameron Diaz was in this; yet another throwaway role for her, which isn't bad. Although I don't really have an opinion on Ms. Diaz, she is always best in supporting roles (ie: In Her Shoes, yes I saw this). All in all, it was enjoyable enough. However, if there was anyone who wasted their talents on this film, it was Michel Gondry; although, his last solid film was a while ago, so I guess he'll take what he can get at this point.

The only guys here that won't admit that they're attracted to Mila Kunis or Emma Stone are the guys with their girlfriends behind their shoulder while they're typing or the guys with girlfriends who have access to their CDC account. Don't worry dude. Your secret is safe with us ;)

...Unless you like men, which would also make sense...

Archived