The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Sleeping With The Enemy - 6.5/10

Well aside from Julia Roberts I didn't recognize any of the actors. I think that the whole "pursuit" that her husband undergoes to find her could have somehow been stretched out a bit.

True Grit (the original) - 7/10

Not a big Western fan, at least not the older ones, but this one was pretty good. I've seen the remake and there are definitely some similarities between the two. On a side note, Kim Darby totally looks like Justin Bieber:

3e9881e2-5671-43d5-a739-50aad3b9b1dc.jpg

Speed: 7/10

To be honest, I remembered it being a lot better than it is.

Pros:

The setup is great

The action shots are really well done

It's really fun watching Hopper chew through the scenery

Cons:

Absolutely cringeworthy dialogue ie. "There's enough C4 on this bus to blow a hole in the world!"

Keanu should only be allowed to be in movies which are Bill & Ted or Matrix related. The man cannot act at all.

Numerous plotholes and unbelievably stupid decisions by the main characters kept killing the suspense for me

Honestly, the movie coasts on its awesome premise. But it kept me entertained for a couple of hours.

Drive Angry 5/10

So bad that it starts to get good again.

Despite all the CRAP he stars in, I still like Nicolas Cage.

Also, I love William Fichtner. I can't think of a role he has played where I wasn't rootin' for him, and he is usually the bad guy.

Watched a couple:

Paul 7.5/10

I found it really funny, though not as funny as Sean of the Dead. You can tell bits were made for the American audience but at the same time it still was quite British. Not sure when it comes out there but I'd recommend it.

---

The Social Network 5/10

I was looking forward to seeing this as I have been aware of FB since the early days. But it really wasn't what I was expecting nor did I think it was terribly good or bad. I wouldn't watch it again anyway.

Archived