The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Morning Glory - 5/10

Loved the irony of having Harrison Ford play a reporter who used to be one of the best in the biz, but now reduced to slumming it for a paycheque. Some good actors here, but most of them wasted. Tried to do all of its character development in 'girl power' musical montages.

Not a complete disaster though. It had a few laughs. And my wife thought it was pretty good.

The Secret In Their Eyes - 9/10

It's an Argentinian film that won Best Foreign Film in 2009, I believe. It was fantastic. Immersing drama, good humour, romantic yet dark and philosophical. I highly recommend watching this film.

Get Him To The Greek - 7/10

Not quite as good as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but it had its moments. Some parts were a bit useless and/or lame, but there were enough funny scenes to make up for it.

Departures - 7/10

This one won Best Foreign Film in 2008 (made in Japan). The premise is rather interesting, but there were some plot schemes that left you wondering, and some of the acting/characters in the film didn't seem realistic enough. Some of the scenes were also too long and drawn out, resulting in cheesiness. Still, it managed to draw a few tears.

Archived