The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Thor - 8/10

Wasn't really looking forward to it when I first saw it's trailer, but it turned out to be an awesome movie. It was funny, had some great action sequences, and weaved in well with the whole Avengers set up.

RONNIE Mom, why did Dad leave?

MOM Well, he kind of freaked out when you were born. You had so many special needs that he just couldn't handle the pressure. One day, he just couldn't take it anymore.

RONNIE Do you think it was my fault that Dad left?

MOM Definitely.

laughed my ass off

3 movies to report on.

Black Swan - I really don't know what to say. In the end I was disappointed. I went in expecting so much more. Natalie Portman was good as usual. I just wasn't blown away by the story or production as a whole. 3/10

127 Hours - unlike Black Swan I wasn't expecting much and ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I can not imagine the mental strength, will and determination that guy needed to survive that situation. 6/10

(maybe expectations messed with those ratings a little too much)

And the third movie is something I just recently watched again.

Inception - 10/10 I don't usually give 10s and I probably didn't when rating it previously in this thread. But watching it again gave me a whole new appreciation for the film. It didn't miss anything. The story was great, the pace was excellent, settings were great, music was great, acting was solid. It was movie making at it's finest. Chris Nolan - you da man!

I agree with most of what you wrote. Although I thought Black Swan was far superior to 127 Hours, which I found quite lacking. Many scenes from Black Swan have stuck with me (when she visits Winona's character in the hospital the last time - absolutely chilling). The best parts were the small, slight-of-hand nods of her mental state. Most of the stuff with her infatuation/rivalry with Mila Kunis seemed forced, and didn't work nearly as well.

Thor 6.5/10 - was better than I expected. Only agreed to see it because the director was Kenneth Branagh who does mostly Shakespeare adaptations. He really did a good job with Loki in the first half. It was surprisingly funny throughout as well. Didn't see it in 3D.

Drive Angry lol/10 - almost enters so-bad-it's-good territory but takes itself too seriously in most parts. Nic Cage plays his standard role, and a woman gets beat up in public while nude. That kind of sums it up.

The Book of Eli - 9.5/10

Another solid movie by Denzel Washington. A really well-written, powerful and beautiful film. Wasn't expecting this was the second movie in a row I've watched of Denzel where he dies in the end though.

and Mila Kunis was just mm mmm!

Pirates 4: on stranger tides. 8.5/10 it's about what I was expecting from a pirates movie. good effect, some lols, some action, and depp perpetually drunk with eyeliner. If you liked the first ones, you'll like this one.

Pirates 4 - 8/10 Not my favorite one out of the series but still a good movie with all the effects, action and Captain Jack(Johnny Depp is now permanently type cast as Jack Sparrow)

Pirates made 90.2M this weekend, next closet was Bridesmaids at 20.9M

The Core - 3/10

Movie started out well, and had a great cast, but each sequence seemed to be a little more stupid than the last. Strangely, the special effects seemed to get worse and worse too. And then the ending was downright lame.

Archived