The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Bridesmaids - 8/10 - Hilarious - humour is just like The Hangover. Stay for the first part of the credits, there's a few additional scenes, nothing at the end though, just an ad for Universal Studios. Big Bear Sandwich... Bwahahaha :lol:

Letters from Iwo Jima - 8.5/10

Flags of our Fathers - 7/10

Watched these two back to back to get the view of the war from the Japanese and American's perspective as they were originally produced/directed that way by Eastwood.

I personally thought Letters from Iwo Jima got to my emotions more deeply but overall, they were two great movies.

Kung Fu Panda 2 - 6.5/10

Was pretty funny at times, quite cute at times, but while watching it, it felt like I had seen this movie before. And with so many great actors, they could have spread the dialogue around a lot more.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - 7.5/10

I really enjoyed this movie. Leaps and bounds better then the third one (At Worlds End). But that doesn't say anything about any movie really. Like I could say the Mighty Ducks 3 was leaps and bounds better then Pirates 3, or that weird ass Billy Bob Thornton movie on TV yesterday, that I turned off halfway through, was leaps and bounds better then Pirates 3.

The movie does expect you to get right into it, but it does take a little while. It had some great action sequences. Penelope Cruz was alright. Also, using more Jack Sparrow was nothing but a good thing.

Pirates 4: 7/10 -- Much better than 2-3 and had enough entertainment to make it worthwhile, although underdeveloped or explained characters (Blackbeard) make you leave the theatre with more questions than you had going in.

Hangover 2: 4/10 -- I gave the 1st one a solid 9.5/10, this one sucks. It was the EXACT same formula as the original right down to **SPOILER** Stu figuring out where their friend is while Phil is on the phone with a wife/girlfriend. It had its moments, but is a sad attempt to recapture the 1st one.

Pirates 4 - 8.5/10 - really enjoyed it. Felt like an Indiana Jones movie - Looking for smaller macguffins that lead to a bigger macguffin with a supernatural villain demise climax at the end. Probably gonna see it again as I got free tickets. This is probably my 2nd favourite POTC movie.

Pirates 4: 7/10 -- Much better than 2-3 and had enough entertainment to make it worthwhile, although underdeveloped or explained characters (Blackbeard) make you leave the theatre with more questions than you had going in.

Hangover 2: 4/10 -- I gave the 1st one a solid 9.5/10, this one sucks. It was the EXACT same formula as the original right down to **SPOILER** Stu figuring out where their friend is while Phil is on the phone with a wife/girlfriend. It had its moments, but is a sad attempt to recapture the 1st one.

The Hangover Part 2 8.5/10

friggin hilarous, others may not like it bcuz the plots the same as the first one. Go into the movie not thinking its a sequel, set the tone for the summer :D

“What is this a P.F. Chang’s?” LOL Alan is the bestest :lol:

Ghost in the Shell.

It looks like most of the animation artists were talented interns, but that worked. Great premise. Voice acting/dubbing could have been better. Great movie overall.

8/10

Archived